Toll Brothers "Orders up significantly", "Best Spring season in five years"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:46:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Toll Brothers "Orders up significantly", "Best Spring season in five years"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Toll Brothers "Orders up significantly", "Best Spring season in five years"  (Read 629 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »

"Lennar reported sales up 33% year-over-year, Hovanian reported sales up 30%"

Via Calculated Risk
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:38 PM »

This is very interesting... All three ares high-end homebuilders catering more to upper middle class. I would be keen to see numbers from Centex or other builders before making a conclusion...

I will say that too many people in Florida bought new Toll Brothers homes when their budgets said Centex- that led to debt later on. I hope people are not becoming too confident and overreaching yet again...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 04:44:36 AM »

Its funny I had no idea what these corporations sold.  It still seems somewhat strange to me for land speculation/development/subdivision building to be under the control of large corporations - growing up it was always just a small partnership kind of deal.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »

This is very interesting... All three ares high-end homebuilders catering more to upper middle class. I would be keen to see numbers from Centex or other builders before making a conclusion...

I will say that too many people in Florida bought new Toll Brothers homes when their budgets said Centex- that led to debt later on. I hope people are not becoming too confident and overreaching yet again...

K. Hovanian and Toll Brothers were always upper-middle-class, although due to the profusion of easy credit made it less exclusive during the bubble. The upper class, by and large, doesn't live in tract housing developments like the ones they build.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies