In Canada, you can get arrested if your daughter draws a gun in class (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:50:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  In Canada, you can get arrested if your daughter draws a gun in class (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In Canada, you can get arrested if your daughter draws a gun in class  (Read 1492 times)
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

« on: March 26, 2012, 06:32:51 AM »

But I still think that the American idea that they make ordinary people safer is simply plain wrong, there is just too much evidence to the contrary.
Is there? In my own country gun control was imposed over a decade ago... the statistical analysis since then have largely concluded that the ban had a statistically insignificant effect on the crime rate, with a minority(largely organized by pro-gun organizations) asserting a statistically significant increase in crime. Notably their haven't been any studies, even those organized by gun control advocates, that asserted a statistically significant decrease in crime... I emphasize, those studies with a bias in favour of finding that gun control reduced crime weren't able to justify that assertion. Which is remarkable considering how easy it normally is to find some statistical evidence, no matter how shallow, that "proves" your point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies