Pat Robertson Hopes for Manning Injury
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:59:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pat Robertson Hopes for Manning Injury
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pat Robertson Hopes for Manning Injury  (Read 821 times)
rwoy
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pat-robertson-believes-peyton-manning-hurt-142935112.html

I mean ... seriously?  How Christian of him.  Does he think Tebow should get injured too because the Jets brought him in?
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »

Pat Robertson saying something dumb? You don't say Roll Eyes
CaDan
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 05:40:51 PM »

Pat Robertson never said that he hopes for a Manning Injury. Why do you feel it necessary to lie?
rwoy
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »

Pat Robertson never said that he hopes for a Manning Injury. Why do you feel it necessary to lie?

He said, "OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right."

In my opinion if you say something would "serve them right" you are saying you hope it happens.

I guess you interpret that differently.  Unfortunately "Pat Robertson Says Manning Injury Would Serve Denver Right" is a bit long for a subject title.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

Translation:

Evangelical mad at team for trading away Evangelical QB. Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »

He said, "OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right."

In my opinion if you say something would "serve them right" you are saying you hope it happens.

I guess you interpret that differently.  Unfortunately "Pat Robertson Says Manning Injury Would Serve Denver Right" is a bit long for a subject title.

You'll have to understand- CaDan is a prominent troll here.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 01:08:50 AM »

Not how I'd interpret it.  Tebow is a QB in good health with no injury concerns.  Now if Manning remains healthy, he will do a better job, but not by much.  With either Tebow or Manning as the starting QB, Denver was looking at likely going into the playoffs next season because they are in the insipid AFC West.   But either way, they'll likely be a one and done playoff team.   Tebow because he's not as good and Manning because Denver will have to rebuild a new offense since Manning and Tebow play the position completely differently and I don't think they be able to do it in just one season.  If Manning is going have a noticeable effect it'll be starting in the 2013 season, and that's if Manning can stay healthy for two more years.  That's a big gamble Denver is taking.

Of course it's clear that Elway and Fox were not comfortable with building a Denver team suited to playing up Tebow's strengths.  I'm convinced Fox started Tebow last season solely because he hoped he would fail and give him the excuse he wanted to clean house and rebuild the Broncos in his image.  Indeed, Fox may have hoped that with Tebow at the helm the Broncos would win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

That said, Tebow is better off with the Jets since the management there has an offensive philosophy suited to his style of play.  If the Broncos hadn't signed Manning, Tebow would have been stuck with a management that didn't really want him.

The real loser in all this is Frank Tripucka.  He gets to have his number 18 unretired just so Manning can play with it.  That's why I rather than saying having Manning get injured would serve them right, I would say what would serve the Broncos in general, and Elway in particular right, is if they have to unretire the number 7 for their next past-his-prime quarterback.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 02:51:49 AM »

I'm in no way a Pat Robertson or Tebow fan and I'm not seeing the outrage here.  He didn't wish an injury on Manning.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 04:15:33 AM »

What he ACTUALLY said was, "And you just ask yourself, OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right."

It's a bit harsh, but anybody who says he "hopes" for a Manning injury is just as bad as Robertson.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies