Are you better off than 4 years ago (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:48:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Are you better off than 4 years ago (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you better off than 4 years ago
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Are you better off than 4 years ago  (Read 6546 times)
Cobbler
United States

« on: March 25, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »

It's a different situation for everyone, and millions of Americans are still out of work- I know many of them.

But for me as a college student, it's different. Neither of my parents lost their jobs during the recession (my dad runs his own law practice and my mom is a special ed teacher) so I can't really go by that.

I can only go by my mindset. In January 2009, I was worried. We were losing hundreds of thousands of jobs every month and it seems like we were always hitting a new low, basically the bottom fell out. People were talking about 10-15-20 percent unemployment. I was afraid that our household income would dry up and I'd have to drop out of college, and my parents weren't really easing my fears, because they didn't know what was going to happen either.

For me, things are so much better. We still have high unemployment, but it appears that things are moving in the right direction. The unemployment rate has steadily fallen in the past few months, and we're now adding hundreds of thousands of jobs each month. I feel like the worst has long since passed us and things are looking better every day. And as someone who is about to graduate, this is welcome news.

This is just my perspective, polls show that most Americans still think our country is on the wrong track, but I think in the end we're better off than we were four years ago.
This.
I definitely feel like overall things are better now than they were on the economic front as well is on the psychological front. Things aren't completely better, but at least the fear of an economic collapse and a lot of the more extreme rhetoric that we saw in 2010 has dwindled.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies