Social Security (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:41:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Social Security (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Social Security  (Read 1788 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: March 30, 2012, 03:29:15 PM »

Either we raise the benefits age or we collect more from workers.  Those are the only sure solutions.

No, collect more from idlers - those who make over 100,000/year.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:43:45 PM »

Either we raise the benefits age or we collect more from workers.  Those are the only sure solutions.

No, collect more from idlers - those who make over 100,000/year.

and stagger the retirement age based on occupation: a uniform age for professors and construction workers both is class hate.

Right on!

Better yet, just line all white-collar workers up against the wall when they reach age 65.  Shot them, contingent upon forced retirement.  Sort of a Logan's Run solution, and it saves money because we don't have to pay them social security.  It has the added benefit of ensuring that they retire at age 65 instead of that pesky "phased retirement" that so many greedy white-collar workers prefer.  This way someone younger can get their job, so it lowers unemployment.

While I don't agree with Tweed on this one (I think everyone who isn't rich should receive the retirement at 55), but your outrage doesn't sound reasonable.. surely you have to admit you're absolutely privileged over a construction worker due to your class advantages?  I would certainly admit that, if I had your salary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies