Game Reform Panel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:45:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Reform Panel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Game Reform Panel  (Read 6899 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 10:41:44 PM »

*comes out from a dark corner*

Here here! I want the RPP back! Cheesy

*slips away to return in some months*
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 10:43:25 PM »

Suggested that earlier. Wink It is relevant to discussion, as I think it may improve the game.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 11:13:11 PM »

I can edit the wiki, now!  I started updating a few pages, but there's a lot more that needs to be changed and unfortunately I'm not too great at configuring things that require codes.  It would be good if updating the wiki could be a collaborative effort.

Suggested that earlier. Wink It is relevant to discussion, as I think it may improve the game.

That's what they said before the parties were dissolved. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 02:02:52 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2012, 02:08:44 AM by we don't need a cure for the weight of the world »

Senator Scott and I voted against dissolution, by the way.

The RPP can't ever be brought back. The JCP can't be brought back either. Though I must say, the RPP and JCP would both still be here if there hadn't been so many vicious attacks against the JCP from the RPP. The RPP might have even won with Duke if the surrogates didn't do so good a job of uniting the JCP base. Fatigue with the same one-sided, hypocritical attacks really helped the dissolution idea move along in the JCP, and so did that string of narrow losses the RPP endured as a result of aforementioned attacks.

And thanks for the Wiki help, Scott. Bgwah was the main person doing that, but unfortunately his hard work keeping this game going went unnoticed or unappreciated by many... I'm hoping we all learn from our mistakes though. I know I've been doing my part to be a contributor to this game without making things personal, as evidenced by even the existence of this two-man committee. Who would have thought?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 02:25:13 AM »

Senator Scott and I voted against dissolution, by the way.

The RPP can't ever be brought back. The JCP can't be brought back either. Though I must say, the RPP and JCP would both still be here if there hadn't been so many vicious attacks against the JCP from the RPP. The RPP might have even won with Duke if the surrogates didn't do so good a job of uniting the JCP base. Fatigue with the same one-sided, hypocritical attacks really helped the dissolution idea move along in the JCP, and so did that string of narrow losses the RPP endured as a result of aforementioned attacks.

And thanks for the Wiki help, Scott. Bgwah was the main person doing that, but unfortunately his hard work keeping this game going went unnoticed or unappreciated by many... I'm hoping we all learn from our mistakes though. I know I've been doing my part to be a contributor to this game without making things personal, as evidenced by even the existence of this two-man committee. Who would have thought?

No problem.  I can definitely understand that.  I just hope we can be able to get more people interested in getting the wiki to date so that all that hard work doesn't go to waste.

Now, I won't say that I'll agree with necessarily every idea the panel comes up with, but I'd be honored to become a member of this panel.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:57 AM »

On that note, I'd like to request that the Senator be given a spot on the panel. I could say lots of positive things about the Senator but they are pretty self-evident, and I am a lazy, so I won't. I'm glad to see more interest being generated though. VP Tmth and I have been working pretty closely on this so hopefully we have some results to share soon. Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »

Scott, you're in. Smiley Good to see another face on here.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »

Thank you, Tmth and Napoleon.  I've been thinking- since updating and cleaning up the wiki is going to be a group effort, would it benefit the game if we start another panel that focuses specifically on this project?  I don't want to create an inactive panel just for the sake of creating a panel, but this could be something for the GRP to look toward.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 11:55:35 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2012, 11:57:07 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Here's an idea I have- and I don't think I should be the one to do this, since I have only received the confidence of one region thus far. I think the Administration should act as something old an Ambassador to the Forum Community. We should identify what is causing so many of our active posters not to participate in the Fantasy Elections, even if just to vote from time to time, why formerthe players have left, and what we could possibly do to fix it. It is almost as if we are working within our own little bubble world. Since the President and VP have different colored avatars, you two can work to reach out to both sides and try to increase participation and improve the game's reputation with other forumites.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 12:02:02 PM »

So, in essence, what you're saying, is we should have a certain amount of some of our..."experienced" members get out into the forum at-large and try and see what their problem is, and what it'd take to get the involved again.

I'd be interested in this, not just to try and recruit some of them back, but to also see what some of those have left didn't like about the game.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »

I apologize - I haven't pushed this as much as I should be doing.

I would like to get started on Napoleon's idea of an Ambassador. The question is - should we do this informally, or actually pass a law to get it started?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 05:54:22 PM »

I will be introducing a comprehensive game reform bill shortly, look in my campaign/office thread for more details.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »

(Hopefully) Tomorrow, I will be unveiling my proposal for the VP position.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »

Hello,

Regarding the Vice Presidential position...

I've had the privilege in serving in the position of Vice President since the beginning of March. My unique experience as both a President and Vice President has helped me in forming idea's as to what needs to be changed about the game.

The Vice Presidential position needs to be shaken up. Some have suggested separate elections. I say no, as that would lead the VP position to become a useless position almost no one runs for, similar to Lt. Governor's in regional governments.

However, after consideration, I believe the Vice President should be allowed to have voting powers. Let the Vice President essentially be the 11th Senator. Should there still be a tie, thanks to a lazy bum Senator (Wink) not voting, the tie would be broken by however the VP voted.

This is my first proposal - we can discuss it here, or we can have it introduced and discuss it in a Senate thread.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »

I would like to see this proposal move forward if, and only if, the mechanisms Kal and I put into place that have yet to be tried don't work out. Since we have brought in reforms that we have no results for, it is smarter to actually try those first I believe.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 06:22:13 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2012, 06:24:03 PM by President Polnut »

As he's the current Vice President, and Chair of the Game Reform panel, I support Tmth's position on this.

I have had 'an evolution Tongue' on this, I completely oppose separate elections, but I'm happy to support giving the VP more power and responsibility.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 06:51:32 PM »

As he's the current Vice President, and Chair of the Game Reform panel, I support Tmth's position on this.

I have had 'an evolution Tongue' on this, I completely oppose separate elections, but I'm happy to support giving the VP more power and responsibility.

That could be done right now, you know. Wink
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 07:11:13 PM »

Touche...
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 12:24:18 AM »

Hey, what about giving President a power to appoint his veep to any cabinet position?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2012, 10:26:07 PM »

Touche...
Just not too much...I may overthrow you!!!

*cue evil laughter*
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »

Hey, what about giving President a power to appoint his veep to any cabinet position?

Kalwejt and I actually did this when we were both Senators and would like to see the options available given a chance before demanding changes. I think we should make the VP a Senator but I'm not in favor of jumping around from reform to reform and not letting any of them actually demonstrate value.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies