Game Reform Panel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:16:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Reform Panel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Reform Panel  (Read 6935 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: April 15, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »

Just so I understand, "game reset" doesn't indicate throwing everyone out of office and holding elections for all of them, correct?  That's just what comes to my mind when I read the words "game reset".

As for the wiki, I've noticed there are a bunch of pages on there that need to be updated.  I've tried logging in to fix the pages myself, but I've never been able to access my wiki account, if one even exists.  My guess is that only certain people are allowed to edit the wiki, but I'm not sure how it works, to be completely honest.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »

Ah.  Just making sure.  Thanks, guys. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 11:13:11 PM »

I can edit the wiki, now!  I started updating a few pages, but there's a lot more that needs to be changed and unfortunately I'm not too great at configuring things that require codes.  It would be good if updating the wiki could be a collaborative effort.

*comes out from a dark corner*

Here here! I want the RPP back! Cheesy

*slips away to return in some months*
Suggested that earlier. Wink It is relevant to discussion, as I think it may improve the game.

That's what they said before the parties were dissolved. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 02:25:13 AM »

Senator Scott and I voted against dissolution, by the way.

The RPP can't ever be brought back. The JCP can't be brought back either. Though I must say, the RPP and JCP would both still be here if there hadn't been so many vicious attacks against the JCP from the RPP. The RPP might have even won with Duke if the surrogates didn't do so good a job of uniting the JCP base. Fatigue with the same one-sided, hypocritical attacks really helped the dissolution idea move along in the JCP, and so did that string of narrow losses the RPP endured as a result of aforementioned attacks.

And thanks for the Wiki help, Scott. Bgwah was the main person doing that, but unfortunately his hard work keeping this game going went unnoticed or unappreciated by many... I'm hoping we all learn from our mistakes though. I know I've been doing my part to be a contributor to this game without making things personal, as evidenced by even the existence of this two-man committee. Who would have thought?

No problem.  I can definitely understand that.  I just hope we can be able to get more people interested in getting the wiki to date so that all that hard work doesn't go to waste.

Now, I won't say that I'll agree with necessarily every idea the panel comes up with, but I'd be honored to become a member of this panel.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »

Thank you, Tmth and Napoleon.  I've been thinking- since updating and cleaning up the wiki is going to be a group effort, would it benefit the game if we start another panel that focuses specifically on this project?  I don't want to create an inactive panel just for the sake of creating a panel, but this could be something for the GRP to look toward.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies