Game Reform Panel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Reform Panel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Reform Panel  (Read 6942 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: March 25, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
« edited: April 17, 2012, 11:22:29 AM by Tmthforu94 »

Game Reform Panel

The goal of this panel is quite simple - develop, discuss, and implement idea's to make this game more enjoyable. These idea's range from a variety of area's, from elections to "boring" positions.

By April 30th, the goal for this committee is to have develop a complete game plan on how we believe we can make Atlasia a better place, and have several recommendations for the Senate to implement.

Current Members of the Panel (Subject to Change)Sad
Tmthforu94
Napoleon
Pingvin
Scott
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »

We're doing it again. We announced that during the campaign.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's worth a constructive debate, as I haven't really heard this idea. I think the main concept behind a 4-month term was to match RL in terms of numbers... 4 months /=/ 4 years.

I'm pro-region, but a tough sell in the current environment, as our regional Senate seat elections haven't been too competitive.

Would you support this even if we left the At-Large seats? That's obviously create 6-month terms for Senators, but could having them all together at once create confusion?

What would be the role of this? Would they have Senate voting powers? Not too crazy on the idea, as many of our former Presidents and VPs are no longer active. Interesting idea, though.

Personally believe this infringes on the regions - they should be able to set their own term limits. I also am against term limits at this juncture of time, considering we are having an activity problem in the Senate.

Not a terrible idea. Worth discussing.

What would be the purpose of this?

What's the purpose of the name change? I'm kind of lost on the 3rd part - basically you're proposing that we split the SoIA position into 3 parts?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »

Hey, I think everything mentioned so far can only make things worse. We need to get people active, not push more and more people away.
Do you have any suggestions?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »

Hey, I think everything mentioned so far can only make things worse. We need to get people active, not push more and more people away.
Do you have any suggestions?

Why don't we all quit Atlasia and go play Politburo, as soon as I finish making it.
Do you know how much more difficult it'd be to get all Atlasians to join a new game? Wink Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

I'm going to state the obvious - this game is facing a fork in the road. I know, every election we say "this is a critical election" yada yada, but this time really is. Atlasia has been steadily declining for a while, and it really took a hit when the JCP and RPP dissolved a few months ago.

One idea that floated my mind was a game reset - reset all policy to where America is today and start new. But then I thought, will that really do anything to spur activity, or just give more work for those already active?

We need something big, guys, to move this game in the right direction. Cabinet restructuring? We could do it just to make small improvements, but it's not going to really help the game moving forward. Set term limits for the Supreme Court? Same deal.

Wiki is great for viewing Atlasia's history, but reforming it won't do squat in fixing this game.

What this game needs, IMO, is controversy and politics. We're always harping about how we hate negativity and it leads to the downfall of the game, but I'm not sure I agree with that. Some of Atlasia's greatest were also some of our most controversial. I think this game's at it's best when there is a lot of activity, and something big has to be going on to get that to happen, not pretty, shaking hands politics. (This is going against what I've always preached)

In conclusion, the three of us (and anyone else who wants to join), need to make some proposals to Atlasia on what we think could solve the problem. Here is one thought I have:

- Reviving the RPP and JCP. Especially the RPP - I think at this point, the right-wing is in complete confusion, with almost no set organization in place. It's like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. That may be great for the left, but it's not good for the game.

- I'll still bring up a game reset, just to see where your heads are on that - if anyone thinks it'll be benficial.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 11:31:53 PM »

And I am in complete agreement, of course. We need to make Atlasia a bit more intune to present day issues. This will keep people interested and active, and make it easier to understand the game.
Would a game reset help with that, perhaps? From that point forward, we could work out with the SoIA and GM in making sure stories are concurrent with what's going on in the real world. Generating discussion on the Keystone Pipeline is a perfect example. Perhaps we take a hot-button issue once a month, create a simplified version on here and debate it?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 04:08:17 PM »

So we would reset the issues of the day to those of the real world?
Yes, for the most part, issues that are currently going on would also go on here. Of course, for example, there would be no news here on Hillary Rosen's comments towards Ann Romney. Also, if RL Congress passed a bill that we didn't, from the reset forward, we would pretend it didn't happen.

Does this make sense?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »

Just so I understand, "game reset" doesn't indicate throwing everyone out of office and holding elections for all of them, correct?  That's just what comes to my mind when I read the words "game reset".

As for the wiki, I've noticed there are a bunch of pages on there that need to be updated.  I've tried logging in to fix the pages myself, but I've never been able to access my wiki account, if one even exists.  My guess is that only certain people are allowed to edit the wiki, but I'm not sure how it works, to be completely honest.
Game reset would reset the policies, not the politicians, Scott. Smiley

Click on the "Email" tab on the very top of this website, and message Dave asking for Wiki access. Give him a week, and if you still don't have access, message him again. You should get it then.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 10:43:25 PM »

*comes out from a dark corner*

Here here! I want the RPP back! Cheesy

*slips away to return in some months*
Suggested that earlier. Wink It is relevant to discussion, as I think it may improve the game.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »

Scott, you're in. Smiley Good to see another face on here.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 12:02:02 PM »

So, in essence, what you're saying, is we should have a certain amount of some of our..."experienced" members get out into the forum at-large and try and see what their problem is, and what it'd take to get the involved again.

I'd be interested in this, not just to try and recruit some of them back, but to also see what some of those have left didn't like about the game.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »

I apologize - I haven't pushed this as much as I should be doing.

I would like to get started on Napoleon's idea of an Ambassador. The question is - should we do this informally, or actually pass a law to get it started?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »

(Hopefully) Tomorrow, I will be unveiling my proposal for the VP position.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »

Hello,

Regarding the Vice Presidential position...

I've had the privilege in serving in the position of Vice President since the beginning of March. My unique experience as both a President and Vice President has helped me in forming idea's as to what needs to be changed about the game.

The Vice Presidential position needs to be shaken up. Some have suggested separate elections. I say no, as that would lead the VP position to become a useless position almost no one runs for, similar to Lt. Governor's in regional governments.

However, after consideration, I believe the Vice President should be allowed to have voting powers. Let the Vice President essentially be the 11th Senator. Should there still be a tie, thanks to a lazy bum Senator (Wink) not voting, the tie would be broken by however the VP voted.

This is my first proposal - we can discuss it here, or we can have it introduced and discuss it in a Senate thread.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 10:26:07 PM »

As he's the current Vice President, and Chair of the Game Reform panel, I support Tmth's position on this.

I have had 'an evolution Tongue' on this, I completely oppose separate elections, but I'm happy to support giving the VP more power and responsibility.

That could be done right now, you know. Wink

Touche...
Just not too much...I may overthrow you!!!

*cue evil laughter*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies