Game Reform Panel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:24:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Reform Panel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Reform Panel  (Read 6927 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: March 25, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »
« edited: March 26, 2012, 12:26:50 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Checking in. I am excited to work with the VP and anyone else who may join us to find practical solutions. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »

Hey, I think everything mentioned so far can only make things worse. We need to get people active, not push more and more people away.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »

And I am in complete agreement, of course. We need to make Atlasia a bit more intune to present day issues. This will keep people interested and active, and make it easier to understand the game.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 02:02:52 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2012, 02:08:44 AM by we don't need a cure for the weight of the world »

Senator Scott and I voted against dissolution, by the way.

The RPP can't ever be brought back. The JCP can't be brought back either. Though I must say, the RPP and JCP would both still be here if there hadn't been so many vicious attacks against the JCP from the RPP. The RPP might have even won with Duke if the surrogates didn't do so good a job of uniting the JCP base. Fatigue with the same one-sided, hypocritical attacks really helped the dissolution idea move along in the JCP, and so did that string of narrow losses the RPP endured as a result of aforementioned attacks.

And thanks for the Wiki help, Scott. Bgwah was the main person doing that, but unfortunately his hard work keeping this game going went unnoticed or unappreciated by many... I'm hoping we all learn from our mistakes though. I know I've been doing my part to be a contributor to this game without making things personal, as evidenced by even the existence of this two-man committee. Who would have thought?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:57 AM »

On that note, I'd like to request that the Senator be given a spot on the panel. I could say lots of positive things about the Senator but they are pretty self-evident, and I am a lazy, so I won't. I'm glad to see more interest being generated though. VP Tmth and I have been working pretty closely on this so hopefully we have some results to share soon. Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 11:55:35 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2012, 11:57:07 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Here's an idea I have- and I don't think I should be the one to do this, since I have only received the confidence of one region thus far. I think the Administration should act as something old an Ambassador to the Forum Community. We should identify what is causing so many of our active posters not to participate in the Fantasy Elections, even if just to vote from time to time, why formerthe players have left, and what we could possibly do to fix it. It is almost as if we are working within our own little bubble world. Since the President and VP have different colored avatars, you two can work to reach out to both sides and try to increase participation and improve the game's reputation with other forumites.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »

I would like to see this proposal move forward if, and only if, the mechanisms Kal and I put into place that have yet to be tried don't work out. Since we have brought in reforms that we have no results for, it is smarter to actually try those first I believe.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 06:51:32 PM »

As he's the current Vice President, and Chair of the Game Reform panel, I support Tmth's position on this.

I have had 'an evolution Tongue' on this, I completely oppose separate elections, but I'm happy to support giving the VP more power and responsibility.

That could be done right now, you know. Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »

Hey, what about giving President a power to appoint his veep to any cabinet position?

Kalwejt and I actually did this when we were both Senators and would like to see the options available given a chance before demanding changes. I think we should make the VP a Senator but I'm not in favor of jumping around from reform to reform and not letting any of them actually demonstrate value.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies