A compromise, perhaps? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:07:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A compromise, perhaps? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A compromise, perhaps?  (Read 2084 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: March 26, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »

Is everyone satisfied that they have an appropriate perspective about what is important in life, and what isn't?  Do folks really feel that they are living in a strait jacket around here, where their ability to express themselves and their opinions has been sapped of its essence?  Just asking. I mean, if it were me,  in the end I probably would not have done what Inks did, in the way he did it, at least without a lot of "foreplay" prior thereto in any event, but Inks did what he did in good faith using his best judgment. And life will go on just fine, with or without that particular thread - at least for me. Trying to organize some Jihad against him, to me is well - excessive. Obviously, my opinion here appears to be a minority one. It won't be the first time!  Tongue

By the way, if it were me, I probably would have shut down threads were one voted as to whether or not a poster was a "horrible person" a long time ago - at least if I thought I could get away with it without precipitating a mass rebellion, leading to my guillotining, with opebo finally getting his wish of operating the device.

Thank you.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2012, 12:02:35 PM by Torie »

Turning down the dial on humiliating, demeaning, and attacking posters on a personal level.  
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »

I think it is within the terms of use for me to express my opinion (even if as you imply, my opinion is shared by no one else), just as you express yours. And sometimes one's opinion offends others. That is just part of life. And here we have different opinions about the content of the forum - at least at the margins.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:34:59 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2012, 12:40:40 PM by Torie »

A mod would be foolish to ignore the relationship between two posters and how they interact with one another. If neither is offended by their sharp elbowed way of interacting with one another, and they actually enjoy it, then of course I would take a laissez faire attitude myself. Nor do I think it "infractible" for someone to follow another poster around and disagree with everything they post (hey, I have been tempted at times to do that with px Tongue). The very term "trolling" is a bit problematical for me actually. It is just too vague and ambiguous and subjective. But I know a personal attack that is beyond the pale when I see one, and the relationship between two posters would need to be rather unusual for me at least to deem that appropriate given the two actors involved.

But hey, be happy, I'm not a mod! I'm just another one of the sans cullottes.

And an internet forum is all about butting in, and giving your own opinion on something that interests you - even if you are not "invited" to do so isn't it?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 07:56:04 PM »

Torie, you and I respect Spade.  Do you think he's snapped or is it possible he's on to something?

Are you referring to a specific post?  I don't know to what you refer with the "on to something" thing.

Sam "snapped" a long time ago, and I still enjoy his company. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies