Least favorite national politician of your party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:52:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Least favorite national politician of your party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Least favorite national politician of your party  (Read 2893 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2012, 05:55:10 AM »

Let's try not to make this about ideology- I am sure Dems will say Lieberman and my fellow Republicans might say Olympia Snow or some one similar...make it about personality and ethics

My least favorite is clearly Senator Saxby Chambliss of Georgia...take a look at this ad- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKFYpd0q9nE

He questions Max Cleland's courage and puts him in the same ad as bin Laden...let's talk about courage. Captain Cleland served in Vietnam winning both the Silver Star and Bronze Star for valor in combat- to give you an idea the Silver Star is one notch below the Medal of Honor. He became a triple amputee after what was basically friendly fire with a grenade... and went on to become Administrator of the VA and a respected public servant

Saxby Chabmliss meanwhile decided to get FIVE student deferments- and when that wouldnt' work anymore he got a medical deferment for bad knees from an old football injury.

If it ended there- he would be an asshole but not the worst politician in the Republican Party. Instead, he had the audacity to seek a spot on the Armed Services Committee- something Lott gave him for I don't know what reason... I didn't hear from Chambliss until the Don't Ask Don't Tell debate. There were legitimate points on both sides but then we here this bullsh**t from Saxby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W99Mpth6n5c

"And today we know we’ve got gay and lesbian soldiers serving. They’ve served in the past; they’re going to serve in the future; and they’re going to serve in a very valiant way.
But the primary purpose of the armed forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise. Military life is fundamentally different from civilian life in that military society is characterized by its own laws, rules, customs and traditions – including restrictions on personal behavior that would not be acceptable in civilian society. Examples include alcohol use, adultery, fraternization and body art. If we change this rule of don’t ask, don’t tell, what are we going to do with these other issues?
The armed forces must maintain personnel policies that exclude persons whose presence in the armed forces would create an unacceptable risk to the armed forces’ high standards of morale, good order and discipline and unit cohesion. In my opinion, the presence in the armed forces of persons who demonstrate a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts would very likely create an unacceptable risk to those high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and effective unit cohesion and effectiveness."

The last thing  I want to hear from a deferment pussy who has questioned the courage of a Silver Star recipient is how "military life is fundamentally different from civilian life" AS IF HE WOULD KNOW!!!

The word "chickenhawk" has never applied better...

Who are your least favorite politicians in your party?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:00:36 AM »

I gotta say, this rant is beautiful. (although I too have never served in the military)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:03:26 AM »

John Edwards.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 06:05:57 AM »

I gotta say, this rant is beautiful. (although I too have never served in the military)

Thank you- but it is not only about not serving. It is about avoiding service then questioning the service of a man who not only volunteered to serve but is a decorated combat veteran and THEN talking like an expert on military life...

Some fellas at my Legion post watch the Armed Services committees in Congress every time they meet and I do sometimes- there are many on there who haven't served and that angers some of my fellow Legionnaires but the ones I'm talking about show respect and deference to those who did when talking about those issues...Chambliss does not
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 06:18:40 AM »

Michele Bachmann.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 07:03:59 AM »

wrong answer.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 08:02:59 AM »

Wayne Allyn Root.  (Or, going by current registration rather than self-identification, Rick Santorum or Rudy Giuliani).
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 08:08:50 AM »

Of Libertarians: Wayne Allyn Root, no doubt. Or Bob Barr.

Republicans (currently an elected official): Michele Bachmann
Republicans (not currently in office): Rick Santorum

Democrats (currently an elected official): Nancy Pelosi
Democrats (not currently in office): Howard Dean
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:04 AM »

It's hard to think of someone more vile than Chuck Schumer. I'll probably manage though, if I think about it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 12:17:35 PM »

In office: Dennis Kucinich
Not in office: Zell Miller.  If Miller doesn't count anymore, Alan Grayson
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »

Sarah Palin - by a mile.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »

Lieberman is not a Democrat.

I'll go with Tim Kaine.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 02:17:15 PM »

I'm a Libertarian and have no national politicians so I don't really dislike any of them. You see, there are some benefits to joining a third party!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »

Chris Dodd
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »

Okay, if it has to be someone who's still in office, then I would say...

Ben Nelson.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »

Blagojevich and Roland Burris
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 03:42:57 PM »

Dennis Kucinich.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 03:47:23 PM »

Clarence you made a very strong argument on Chambliss. I was never a fan of him myself.

However, he's not my least favorite republican.

Governors Rick Scott, Nathan Deal, and Robert Bentley are pretty high up on my list. Scott's a scumbag, and is extremely corrupt and is pretty much a felon. Deal is also a POS and a SOB, extremely corrupt and I'm proud to say I did not support him in 2010.

Bentley's comments about Jews in the beginning of his term upset me, and left a bad taste in my mouth. Even as a social conservative, he's the reason why I'm GLAD we have separation of church and state.

I've gotta say though, I've done more digging on Nathan Deal and I probably hate him the most out these three stooges.

Based on political views, I dislike Ron Paul he's too extreme for me on a lot of issues. I also dislike Olympia Snowe.

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »

lol
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 04:10:53 PM »

Hillary Clinton.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 05:16:26 PM »

Sarah Palin and the entire 2012 GOP line-up, minus Paul.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 05:46:41 PM »

In terms of especially corrupt Democrats, my least favorite are Charlie Rangel, Jesse Jackson Jr (he tried to buy Obama's Senate seat, right?), Blagojevich, Chris Dodd, and a few others I can't remember the names off right now.

I don't understand why Chuck Schumer's hated so much (though I presume he had something to do with the financial crisis?), so I can't truthfully put him here for a hated politician.

Ideology-wise, I despise my own state's Jim Matheson, since he's practically a moderate Republican these days. He's far more conservative than he needs to be, and tries to weasel his way into the graces of Utah liberals by basically going "Well, I'm you're only candidate for this seat (because I don't allow any REAL challengers), so you've got to support me". He's not quite as bad a scumbag as the corrupt ones, but he's just so weaselly that I want to yell at him.

I'm not going to name all the Republican politicians I dislike, because it would take a while.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »

from a too conservative angle, I would probably say Dan Boren. He votes against the democrats on almost all major issues and unlike someone like Chet Edwards who you could tell was a liberal at heart and only voted no because he had to, Boren seems to be kind of a "I'll take my toys and go in the sandbox" type of guy.

From a too crazy angle, I would say Maxine Waters. She has never accomplished anything from a legislative standpoint in her 35 years in office except for making inflammatory race-baiting remarks.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2012, 06:42:56 PM by The needle and the damage done »

Would be Lieberman except he's not really a Democrat. John Edwards isn't really relevant in politics anymore so it'd be silly to include him. Kucinich might qualify but he's on his way out. Dodd is kind of noteworthy for how awful he's been since leaving office (heading the MPAA and massively pushing for SOPA), but I'm not sure if that'd qualify as a "politician". And most right wing Blue Dogs are now gone.

I might have to go with someone blatantly corrupt like Rangel. Sheila Jackson-Lee deserves a mention because of this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »

I find Rick Santorum and Michelle Bachmann to be up on the list. I could, but will not, include Palin, because I like her personally.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies