opinion of Sean Trende?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:39:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  opinion of Sean Trende?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FP

HP

Who is Sean Trende?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: opinion of Sean Trende?  (Read 402 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2012, 01:25:42 AM »

He is a smart guy and knows a lot of information and is informative. But at the same time you can notice a subtletly to his writing which basically goes something like this: Obama really didn't win. Once you take out the n-----s, s--cs, f-gs, k--es then McCain really won the election.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:06:07 AM »

I highly admire the guy (hardly a surprise I suspect since I tout the guy's stuff 24/7), and I haven't noticed to that which you allude. It would be helpful if you gave some concrete examples backed up by text as to whatever your thesis is here, which is a bit skeletal in its elucidation. The guy basically is a statistician just like Nate Silver. Both do great work in my opinion.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »

I highly admire the guy (hardly a surprise I suspect since I tout the guy's stuff 24/7), and I haven't noticed to that which you allude. It would be helpful if you gave some concrete examples backed up by text as to whatever your thesis is here, which is a bit skeletal in its elucidation. The guy basically is a statistician just like Nate Silver. Both do great work in my opinion.

Well here's some stuff from "The Lost Majority"

"As we've already noted, Clinton carried 99 percent of the counties that had leaned democratic in every election from 1952 through 1988. Obama carried only 39 percent of these counties, even while winning nationally be a similar margin. "

and

"But there is a dirty little secret hiding behind this line of argument. And it is a simple one. The surge in the minority vote we saw in 2008 was the surge in the youth vote. Obviously there is a massive surge among 18 through 29 year olds that far outstrips Obama's improvement maong other age groups. But what happens when nonwhite voters are removed?"
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:33:31 PM »

That may just be commentary as to who is trending one way, and who is trending the other.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies