Gross
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:14:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Gross
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gross  (Read 400 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:10 AM »

I have recently found myself inappropriately invested in Romney winning. Just to be clear, this is in no way an indication of any sort of real political feelings. I have some leftover hackery that seems to be surfacing in my return to the forum. It's pretty embarrassing, so bear with me while I try to purge it. I think it's just my old infatuation with the idea of Republicans being cool in the same way Disney villains were when we were kids. Plus, I find Rick Santorum to be a particularly heinous brand of insufferable. Alright, that is all...feel free to let this pointless thread die now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »

Funnily I kind of feel the opposite way toward Santorum, though I'm not too invested in it since I'm not under any delusions that Santorum has a chance at the nomination at this point. It's just that if he did both humiliating the GOP establishment and watching Obama utterly destroy him would both be fantastic.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:02:23 AM »

I too would LOVE to see that happen objectively, but I can't get over rooting for Romney haha
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 12:48:54 PM »

It's okay. Supporting Romney is cool now, no matter what these kids on the Atlas forum will tell you. Join the movement.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »

I have recently found myself inappropriately invested in Romney winning. Just to be clear, this is in no way an indication of any sort of real political feelings. I have some leftover hackery that seems to be surfacing in my return to the forum. It's pretty embarrassing, so bear with me while I try to purge it. I think it's just my old infatuation with the idea of Republicans being cool in the same way Disney villains were when we were kids.
Yes, I would figure that's the only reason why anyone might be able to stomach the Romney.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:47:49 PM »

I have an unhealthy support for Ron Paul that borders on fanboyism, so I know where you're coming from.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 02:18:43 AM »

no worries man.  if Al Gore ever formed a renegade campaign in 2016 he'd have my full support, despite my intellectual understanding of the horror that he and Clinton wrought in the arch-neoliberal 90s, but the ten-year-old Tweed of 2000 that suffered for him deserves a degree of redemption against other, more practical concerns.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies