PA-Franklin & Marshall College: Romney wipes out Santorum's lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:51:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PA-Franklin & Marshall College: Romney wipes out Santorum's lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Franklin & Marshall College: Romney wipes out Santorum's lead  (Read 5078 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 28, 2012, 09:39:41 AM »

F & M is one of the better polls for PA.  They do not push and get a lot of undecideds, which, this far out, can have an effect.

That said, I think PA is tightening.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:10:32 AM »

My advice to Rick, sit down with your top campaign advisors and with your family, have a frank and open discussion of where your campaign now stands in light of the new data in Pennsylvania, and with the realization that Mitt is going to win this contest, think if you want to have a future in the Republican Party, whether you want to be known as a spoiler in the election or a contributor to victory, devise a strategy and time frame in order to make a graceful exit from the race.

Well, I wouldn't be doing that on the basis of one poll.

I think that Santorum should realize several things however:

1.  If he is looking for a big delegate haul in PA, think again.

2.  If he expecting the delegate count to be closer by the end of April, think again.

3.  If he is expecting a gigantic win in PA, that will buoy his candidacy, he better be prepared for the possibility that will not happen.  Romney got 72% of the vote in his home state;  Gingrich got 47%, and never won again.  Those will be the yardsticks that Santorum will be measured against in PA.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »

Santorum gets into it with pollster Madonna, and loses:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/04/santorum_calls_out_pollster_po.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies