Strangest political views of people you know (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:09:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Strangest political views of people you know (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strangest political views of people you know  (Read 2784 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: March 28, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »

Hm.

I have a friend who is gay and half-Mexican. He is atheist and hates the welfare state. He is very in favour of science and all it entails - cloning, genetically modifying humans, you name it. He is also very conservative - he likes the royal family, dressing up for the opera, drinking whisky from fancy glasses. He once proposed to bring in only immigrants that could be used as soldiers that Sweden could rent out to African war lords. He also once said he would never date anyone who could be on the cover of National Geographic. He sleeps in a suit with a poncho. And he loves to bake cakes. He also wished he were Jewish and used to stalk people he suspected of being Jewish.

I have another friend who is generally conservative (as in, thinks the 50s were a better time in many ways). He is atheist but thinks religion is good since it keeps society together. But he also wants unregulated prostitution and drug sales. He thinks an ideal society is one consisting of islands organizing themselves however they see fit.

I don't know if I find either of them particularly strange though. They're just somewhat unusual.

Oh, I know an Iranian immigrant in Sweden who thinks immigration is a big problem and multiculturalism is evil. He also thinks McCain is a liberal and Santorum is an evil bigot and that Obama is a dangerous radical (sort of).

I used to know another Iranian immigrant who was a Nazi. That was truly weird, actually.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies