Study: Conservatives' Trust In Science At Record Low (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:09:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Study: Conservatives' Trust In Science At Record Low (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Study: Conservatives' Trust In Science At Record Low  (Read 2623 times)
Cory
YaBB God

« on: March 30, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »

"Not trusting science" is like saying "I don't trust fact or reality". I think this is just social conservatives being mad that modern science has proven many of their beliefs to be factually incorrect (*cough* Christianity *cough*).
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 09:26:55 AM »

Has it?  I love science and am not a fan of most Christians, but I'm pretty sure "science" hasn't proven Christianity as incorrect....and I'd certainly question the credentials of any "scientist" that claimed that it has.  The universe can be 14 billion years old and Christianity can still be correct.  The Earth can be 4 billion years old and Christianity can still be correct.  Evolution can be real and Christianity can still be correct.

It probably isn't, but science can't really prove that it isn't.  At least not yet.

A man did not die to rise from the dead three days later. That is scientifically impossible and thulsy Christianity is a lie.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 10:27:34 PM »

Science can prove that it didn't happen 2000 years ago?  I'm pretty sure it can't.  I agree, it's VERY unlikely and that a reasonable person has every reason not buy it, but science can't prove it.  Not until we get a time machine (but that's VERY unlikely too).

I am God. By your logic that can't be proven wrong. Keep in mind that you conveniently can't test me because you shalt not test thy lord.

I'm just sick and tired of smart people believing stupid things.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 02:35:25 AM »

Get used to it.  Not all smart people believe the exact same list of things ya know.

Yeah I know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies