SENATE BILL: The Atlasian National Broadcaster Bill (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:09:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Atlasian National Broadcaster Bill (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Atlasian National Broadcaster Bill (Law'd)  (Read 8119 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 08, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »

Aren't all institutions carried over unless explicitly changed (see the NUDA debate)?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:12:42 AM »

2 - Gov't will use National Broadcaster as a method of brain-washing. Knowing our current administration, it will have a liberal/progressive bias.
Really, Pingvin? This is a democratic republic here, not China. PBS isn't brainwashing Americans IRL.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »

2 - Gov't will use National Broadcaster as a method of brain-washing. Knowing our current administration, it will have a liberal/progressive bias.
Really, Pingvin? This is a democratic republic here, not China. PBS isn't brainwashing Americans IRL.
"Hate speech" term is often used by liberals to censor "radical conservative" commentators.
And 'liberal-biased' is often used to slander media outlets that aren't Fox News.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »

"Hate speech" term is often used by liberals to censor "radical conservative" commentators.
And 'liberal-biased' is often used to slander media outlets that aren't Fox News.

And so my point is proven. 'Liberal' is a dirty word nowadays, as it has been slammed in the faces of the average Atlasian by right-leaning outlets.

Now, back to my original point: how has the government, IRL, been brainwashing people with PBS or NPR, which it does not control?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »

I can not support this bill ESPECIALLY when it raises taxes- it would be much less objectionable if it cut somethign else to pay for it but as it stands I bet there is national outrage over this...
So you'd rather cut, say, the ANHP than raise taxes a fraction of a percent on a wealthy fraction of the population? We'll see how that flies with the voting public.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 05:43:47 PM »

I can not support this bill ESPECIALLY when it raises taxes- it would be much less objectionable if it cut somethign else to pay for it but as it stands I bet there is national outrage over this...
So you'd rather cut, say, the ANHP than raise taxes a fraction of a percent on a wealthy fraction of the population? We'll see how that flies with the voting public.
This bill- if proposed in real life- would get Polnut and me (because I technically sponsored it) thrown out of office...an outright tax increase for a new TV channel...the population on this board who knows
But in real life, no one's ever lost an election because they used your tax dollars to fund PBS and NPR.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 06:09:54 PM »

This bill- if proposed in real life- would get Polnut and me (because I technically sponsored it) thrown out of office...an outright tax increase for a new TV channel...the population on this board who knows
But in real life, no one's ever lost an election because they used your tax dollars to fund PBS and NPR.
PBS is a mostly local-run, not national, and is mostly funded by donations- not taxes
But it is federally funded.

And anyway, would cutting more important things than this really be worth saving a few people a few tax dollars?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »

I move to dismiss that as unrealistic.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 08:15:59 AM »

Maybe so, but even if that were the case, my preference would be to have a vote held on the amendment rather than to just have me strike it based on my personal opinion and biases with that regard.
Well, you can do that, but I'm dismissing it in my mind-chamber from which I type. Currently, I am the King of the Mind-Chamber and have (symbolic) authority on everything.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 07:25:30 PM »

Aye.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 08:16:33 PM »

And it has occurred. 5-4 and MoPo Wink.