SENATE BILL: The New Atlasian Healthcare Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:50:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The New Atlasian Healthcare Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The New Atlasian Healthcare Act (Law'd)  (Read 19575 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: April 17, 2012, 11:28:19 AM »

Chiropractic services
Really guys? There is no consensus whether that is pseudo(alternative) health care or not. Whig war on women goes without mention.

How did chiropractic services get dragged into this? And what does that have to do with women?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »

Chiropractic services
Really guys? There is no consensus whether that is pseudo(alternative) health care or not. Whig war on women goes without mention.

How did chiropractic services get dragged into this? And what does that have to do with women?
I'm not sure about the chiropractics thing, but the WWW is about you guys denying the women of Atlasia the right to make decisions about their own bodies.

Assemblyman JCL has not advocated outlawing contraception. I do not know if he does or not, but he has not done so in this thread. The question at hand is not about whether a woman has the right to make such a decision about her body, but rather who will pay for it. Citing Griswold v. Connecticut has nothing to do with this bill. Griswold says that a state cannot outlaw contraceptives under the general right to privacy stemming from the Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments to the US Constitution. Under the current health care law, contraceptive services are not explicitly listed as being provided. Senator Pingvin and Assemblyman JCL are not the ones who are trying to change something about our current statute.

When you attack a party or a person, please get your facts straight.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:59:13 AM »

But really someone explain why Chiropractor services are included in the healthcare bill? We might as well include acupunture and herbal-remedies too then.

They were included in the original bill written Fritz three years ago and you were the first to ask that question.

I would suggest leaving them covered in the bill for treatment of lower back pain and herneated discs. Perhaps we could use an amendment to this stating subluxation, acupuncture, and herbal remedies are not included.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »

Nay
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »

Nay

I'm not a huge fan of the payroll tax but we need to pay for the things we legislate.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »

Nay

I'm not a huge fan of the payroll tax but we need to pay for the things we legislate.

This healthcare act will still be a reduction of the deficit.

The healthcare act still doesn't pay for itself, does it?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »

Aye

For all of its issues, this is actually closer to budget-neutral than it was so it earns my support.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies