opinion of tobacco products.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:52:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opinion of tobacco products.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ...
they have no place in a modern society.

i dont use them, but dont mind if others do

'smoking is healthier than fascism'

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: opinion of tobacco products.  (Read 2837 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 06:41:02 AM »

I'm all for smoking being legal, but I don't think you should be allowed to smoke if you have children in your house. I don't care if the research on second hand smoke is unclear, it obviously isn't good to be breathing in. Not to mention the fact that it drains money away from families.

Is the research really unclear?  Are there studies out there that say that second hand smoke may not be harmful?

There is really no ambiguity about the dangers of second hand smoke, which is why I have trouble reconciling my position on smoking with my personal actions (I readily admit this as a weakness - living in a municipality with a 'voluntary' public smoking ban, I generally attend establishments that allow it, which is unfortunate, as it increases my opportunities to smoke.  Of course I am here referring to smoking outdoors in areas where there are employees and other patrons, as indoor smoking is disgusting not to mention an obvious fire hazard.)  Tobacco is one of the more blatant illustrations of how supposedly 'personal' habits can have a detrimental impact on wider society.

Anyway, I smoke, but I definitely don't litter butts.  What an eyesore.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 02:49:26 PM »

I feel that if smoking marijuana is illegal, then so too should smoking tobacco.

I prefer the contrapositive statement.  (or is it the inverse?  I think it's the contrapositive:  If cigarettes are legal, then marijuana should be as well.)

Yes, that's the contrapositive (spent three months studying that nonsense to get into law school). And yeah, that's probably a much preferable statement. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies