opinion of tobacco products. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:18:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opinion of tobacco products. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
they have no place in a modern society.

i dont use them, but dont mind if others do

'smoking is healthier than fascism'

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: opinion of tobacco products.  (Read 2876 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: April 01, 2012, 01:25:13 AM »

Somewhere between 2 and 3.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:20:44 AM »

Tobacco products are nasty and users tend to be assholes about their habits.  If you want to smoke on your property, then fine, but I sure as hell don't want to breathe the toxins coming out of the end of those sticks.  And don't get me started on chewing tobacco...

Anti-tobacco types are usually pretentious assholes. No one likes a prude. It would be fairly easy for people to stop bitching and go breathe somewhere else if they are really that uncomfortable.

I think people should be free to smoke in public, but the common practice of throwing butts on the ground is pretty annoying.  But I agree - the people who are strongly anti-tobacco tend to be more obnoxious than smokers.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 02:38:13 AM »

Tobacco products are nasty and users tend to be assholes about their habits.  If you want to smoke on your property, then fine, but I sure as hell don't want to breathe the toxins coming out of the end of those sticks.  And don't get me started on chewing tobacco...

Anti-tobacco types are usually pretentious assholes. No one likes a prude. It would be fairly easy for people to stop bitching and go breathe somewhere else if they are really that uncomfortable.

I think people should be free to smoke in public, but the common practice of throwing butts on the ground is pretty annoying.  But I agree - the people who are strongly anti-tobacco tend to be more obnoxious than smokers.

People who litter ought to be recognized as a different group from people who smoke. Ash trays are usually full so its obvious that not all smokers disrespect the environment. I'm not claiming that you are someone who makes this mistake but I feel it is a point worth making.

Right - not everyone does it, but many (especially younger smokers) do.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:40:07 AM »

How is throwing down a cigarette butt 'littering'?  Its biodegradings.

Everything biodegrades eventually.  Littering is simply disposing of a waste product improperly.  If you take a crap in the middle of the street, that's technically littering, even though it biodegrades.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »

I'm all for smoking being legal, but I don't think you should be allowed to smoke if you have children in your house. I don't care if the research on second hand smoke is unclear, it obviously isn't good to be breathing in. Not to mention the fact that it drains money away from families.

Is the research really unclear?  Are there studies out there that say that second hand smoke may not be harmful?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies