opinion of tobacco products. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:11:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opinion of tobacco products. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
they have no place in a modern society.

i dont use them, but dont mind if others do

'smoking is healthier than fascism'

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: opinion of tobacco products.  (Read 2877 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »

Definitely healthier than fascism.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:56:18 AM »

Anti-tobacco types are usually pretentious assholes former nicotine addicts. 

"Recovering" alcoholics aren't this way, oddly.  I think it's because if I quit drinking, you can still drink in front of me without affecting my CNS.  If I quit smoking, and you smoke in front of me, I'm still getting second-hand, which affects my CNS and the addiction kicks in.  Sure, they're assholes, but not pretentious, because the dependence is physical. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »

Maybe for the pre-Columbian Cherokee.  A few thousand men living on a piece of land the size of Virginia, toking a little peace pipe now and then to seal a deal.  But once the English came into the picture and got a little taste of the plant, it was a thing of greed.  Let's be honest:  You had entrepreneurs investing their life savings into plantations, soon importing millions of strapping young bucks, all snatched from their West African coastal villages, just to work the fields without compensation and without a choice.  You had monocrops, without rotation, devastating the Atlantic Coastal Plains topsoil.  By the 20th century, using modern chemical physical methods, we find Phillip Morris and Company leaching out every bit of colored compound (cellulose, tannic acid, gallic acids, etc.) in big vats, till there's nothing except a mess of white cellulose pulp, then going back in and delivering careful doses of tannins and nicotine--nicotine in much higher concentrations than would naturally occur in the wild plant, in order to guarantee repeat business!  And, of course, Joe Camel marketing his permanent hack to misspent, leather-clad youth.

Still, I'd agree that smoking is definitely healthier than fascism, no matter how you slice it.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

I feel that if smoking marijuana is illegal, then so too should smoking tobacco.

I prefer the contrapositive statement.  (or is it the inverse?  I think it's the contrapositive:  If cigarettes are legal, then marijuana should be as well.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies