Do you agree with Family Guy's characterization of religion (see description) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:46:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do you agree with Family Guy's characterization of religion (see description) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes (Religious)

Yes (Non-Religious)

No (Religious)

No (Non-Religious)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Do you agree with Family Guy's characterization of religion (see description)  (Read 5985 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 03, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »

Arguing with BRTD about SP/FG is as pointless as arguing with a wall about SP/FG.  It is fun to point and laugh, but trying to explain how SP isn't EXACTLY.WHAT.HE.THINKS.IT.IS by using, ya know facts, isn't going to help.  We've been down this road a dozen times.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:17:21 AM »

And that's the funniest part of his entire schtick on this subject.  He thinks SP is EXACTLY what FG is.....which often makes me think he's just doing this for the yuk yuks.  But then I remember who we're talking about....
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:17:17 PM »

And Team America: World Police struck me as nationalistic anti-liberal garbage.
Yep, you clearly don't get it.  Maybe your biases are blinding you a bit?  Of course there was some anti-liberal aspects to it (especially the ass-dick-pussy bit near the end), but, I think fairly obviously, it was first and foremost making fun of the AMERICA, FUNK YEAH! attitude many on the right have.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:16:15 AM »

He's not conservative, but he does make fun of liberals from time to time.  It is possible to make fun of your own (and yourself) ya know.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty strange end.  I hope they keep going with it for a bit and don't just start the next episode as if it never happened.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 02:17:13 AM »

Meh, I think he (Seth) is funny.  I enjoy FG and AD, and even watch the Cleveland Show every week, though it's probably the least funny of all the "adult" cartoons I watch (and I watch most of them).

My biggest issue (if you can call it that) with BRTD on the general subject is his nonsensical hatred of SP and it's creators.  I assume it's because the biggest fans of the show are people he disagrees with politically/socially (thus in his eyes, idiots) so he, a long time ago, came to the conclusion the show is conservative propaganda garbage and he ignores all evidence to the contrary.  The more everybody tries to explain why he's wrong, the deeper he sinks into his delusions.  It's a common thing for people, there probably is a word for it, but I don't know (or don't remember) what that word is.  Cornered rat syndrome?

I could certainly be wrong, but there has to be some reason he is completely blind to the fact that Matt and Trey are anything but "conservative".  Libertarian leaning, of course, not particularly liberal (in the modern American sense of the word), sure.  But in no way are they conservative....in any sense of the word.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies