Opinion of Vosem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:53:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Vosem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Opinion of Vosem  (Read 5236 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »

Keep in mind most of whom I'm referring to have either left (like Poundingtherock) or been banned (like Derek or someon from Bakersfield) Doesn't apply so much to current regular posters.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »

I could certainly do without the bizarre right-wing rhetoric spewed in every thread without regard to context. What's with that?

I'm pretty sure the point of those threads existing is discussion -- the interaction of different opinions. There is regard to context, in that I am saying what I think about the topic of the thread or about what some other poster thinks about the topic of the thread. It wouldn't hurt to occasionally have tolerance for people you disagree with, Xahar. They call opebo a troll, but opebo is willing to share and debate his views without insulting his opponent, something some members of this forum seem unable to do.

Daniel Hannan has certainly never heard of me Tongue

Who?

Someone needs to give me a detailed dossier on everyone whose joined since november 2007 since I don't recognize 3/4 of the people posting.

Welcome back -- I read one of your timelines on Alternate History a while back, so I recognize the name. If you don't know who I am, you might want to read my political views: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=18844.msg3252613#msg3252613

To sum it all up, I am very hawkish, rather right-wing economically (this part of my beliefs tends to be exaggerated by other members of the forum), and pretty socially left-wing, though you'll find all three of those to be vague descriptions with odd exceptions.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »

Which of my timelines? I do post AH stuff, but it's mainly in the form of world descriptions with some maps these days and no longer timelines.

Looking at your views.... Outside of your foreign policy, your anti-tobacco stance and your being overly pro-immigration you seem relatively reasonable. If anything, you strike me as a secular law and order conservative. pity it's more neo than paleo.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »

Which of my timelines? I do post AH stuff, but it's mainly in the form of world descriptions with some maps these days and no longer timelines.

Looking at your views.... Outside of your foreign policy, your anti-tobacco stance and your being overly pro-immigration you seem relatively reasonable. If anything, you strike me as a secular law and order conservative. pity it's more neo than paleo.

Something about a realistic version of the Drakaverse. It was a while ago, I don't quite recall. Yeah, you seem to have gotten the measure of my political views quite accurately.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »

Yeah, the thing is that "discussion" doesn't mean being subjected to social Darwinist rhetoric on health care every time the topic of discussion is even vaguely related.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »

Something about a realistic version of the Drakaverse. It was a while ago, I don't quite recall. Yeah, you seem to have gotten the measure of my political views quite accurately.
Realistic Draka? That was a LONG time ago that I've done anything with the draka.

If you like, I could PM you a link to where I post my stuff.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »

Who?

Someone needs to give me a detailed dossier on everyone whose joined since november 2007 since I don't recognize 3/4 of the people posting.

Hi, I'm Smid. I joined in about February of 2008.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 04:32:32 PM »

Who?

You're still posting here?

Nice to see you again.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »

Remember, the Constitution is unconstitutional and an illegal document.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »

Realistic Draka? That was a LONG time ago that I've done anything with the draka.

If you like, I could PM you a link to where I post my stuff.

Well, I don't remember when I read it -- I first seriously got into AH in early 2010. But I may have gone on some sort of archive binge.

Remember, the Constitution is unconstitutional and an illegal document.

lolwut
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »

Yeah, the thing is that "discussion" doesn't mean being subjected to social Darwinist rhetoric on health care every time the topic of discussion is even vaguely related.

It's kind of annoying that whenever the topic of UHC comes up everybody seems convinced anyone who doesn't believe in its holy splendor is a total idiot. I have no idea what you mean by "social Darwinist rhetoric." I do believe mankind evolve from an ape, but I don't remember placing emphasis on that or even noting it anywhere on the forum except here now.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »

I'm 20RP12, I joined in December of 2010 and for some reason, they let me walk around this place without a leash/handler.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »

I have no idea what you mean by "social Darwinist rhetoric." I do believe mankind evolve from an ape, but I don't remember placing emphasis on that or even noting it anywhere on the forum except here now.

lol
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »

It's kind of annoying that whenever the topic of UHC comes up everybody seems convinced anyone who doesn't believe in its holy splendor is a total idiot. I have no idea what you mean by "social Darwinist rhetoric." I do believe mankind evolve from an ape, but I don't remember placing emphasis on that or even noting it anywhere on the forum except here now.
He's referring to your not supporting UHC.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »

Not really a troll, but kind of annoying with the overblown conservatism.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »

Who?

You're still posting here?

Nice to see you again.

Ha, yeah, I was kind of being ironic, since I figured you'd remember me.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »

Well, you are still one of the better posters  so it's hard to forget.

Then again, it was a few years. Tongue

It's weird how we've seen many of the worst of the worst of yesteryear improve and become good or at least white noise posters.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »

I remember he said in early 2010 that, Dems were gonna lose seven seats and in fact they did lose 7 seats in that election cycle.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies