Harry the Nazi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:33:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Harry the Nazi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harry the Nazi  (Read 7256 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 13, 2005, 01:36:36 PM »

No I'm sorry, please leave my Queen alone.  His Royal Highness Harry is probably just having fun, so why condemn him for it?  Have you never been drunk?  Have you never smoked weed?  And how do you know he is "braindead" and "racist?"

While I have the highest respect for royalty, I believe that as a royal he should be held to a higher standard. If you read the article, he probably wouldnt be allowed into Sandhurst for this, but he will be as to he is 3rd in line for the throne. I have no problem with His Royal Highness getting drunk, but I feel it was poor judgement, and a person of his statue shouldnt end up doing something like this. I believe that he needs to be a public apology rather then that of the just a press release from the palace.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 12:37:14 AM »

I just do, I've always been fascinated by the English Monarchy for some reason. I wouldn't if the US had some sort of monarchy like that, just figureheads is what i mean. I think it gives u an extra sense of hertaige.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 02:22:39 AM »

I just do, I've always been fascinated by the English Monarchy for some reason. I wouldn't if the US had some sort of monarchy like that, just figureheads is what i mean. I think it gives u an extra sense of hertaige.

You don't confuse the political leader with the state either.  There is a lot be said for monarchy.

What do you mean by that.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 02:09:17 PM »

You don't confuse the political leader with the state either.  There is a lot be said for monarchy.

What do you mean by that.

Many times people tend to confuse what's good for the head of government with what's good for the county.  Historically, some element of Watergate was based what the participants thought was good for the county.  It was only good for Nixon.  Likewise, Iran Contra was seen by to some to be a patriotic act to further the US.   An non-US example is the removal of Mussolini by Victor Immanuel III.  There was also Hirohito's action as head of state to impose the surrender.

Separating the head of state (the Queen in the UK's case) from the head of government (the PM) can help prevent problems.  Opposing the policies of a President can very easily be seen as being anti-American.  Opposing a head of government is seen as disagreement with a politician.  This separation has it's uses.

And your saying its good I see these differences?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies