The educated are disgusting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:27:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The educated are disgusting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The educated are disgusting  (Read 5898 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: April 03, 2012, 03:27:55 AM »

No, I think you're right. One thing that leads to that, I guess, is inability to continue financing studies. That's likely far more common in the US than most places.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:18:45 AM »

You know, that "little paper" you keep talking about does actually prove a degree of education. I know a lot of Republicans dislike that concept, but someone that has not studied usually does not have the degree of knowledge in that particular subject.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »

Nothing is being said about what people are worth. Education obviously doesn't have anything to do with that.

And we're discussing education per se, right? Obviously the American higher education system is absurd, in particular the debt students get themselves into, but that doesn't say anything about the education itself. People study here virtually for free funded by general taxation. (Not that that's entirely fair either, as lower classes are still less likely to attend higher education), but it works.

Education itself is worthwhile and useful, how can anyone claim otherwise?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies