NC Passes Amendment One
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:39:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC Passes Amendment One
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: NC Passes Amendment One  (Read 8982 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2012, 10:56:55 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2012, 10:58:46 PM by Senator Scott »

Shua, TJ isn't your regular gay marriage opponent. He is truly malicious about it.
Their partner would not be permitted to enter my house as a partner and my child would not be permitted to see his/her partner.

Anyway the amendment is, as jfern stated, about more than just marriage.

Funny that TJ says he would treat his own child like this, and calls me a bully.

Oh heaven forbid a parent have rules they expect their children to follow!? Imagine that!

Abuse = making rules, now?  Okay.

Not allowing a kid to have a gay relationship is not abuse that's a rule. If I used to to verbally attack my child or attempt to drive them into depression or lock them in their room indefinitely then it would be abuse. But I refuse to accept that expecting a child to live in sexual chastity under my own roof is abuse. That is not a concession I will ever make and if required you call the police and haul my butt into prison.

You think that keeping your kid away from someone he loves is not abuse?  Really?  You think that keeping your son away from his boyfriend- someone who could be the most selfless and kind person he's ever met- simply because he's a boy, is moral?  I can't convince you to think otherwise, but I can tell you that you definitely have a strange view of what morality is.

Anyway, as Alcon said, this thread is a trainwreck.  I am closing this.  Just PM each other, now.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »

I think a lot of people just reflexively voted yes because of their hatred toward gays. That is basically what happened for most of the people in my family. I did manage to change their minds, but not until after they had already voted early on the damn thing. Too Late!
Better late than never. Smiley

I didn't change their opinion of gays, just their opinion of the amendment.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2012, 10:58:42 PM »

I think a lot of people just reflexively voted yes because of their hatred toward gays. That is basically what happened for most of the people in my family. I did manage to change their minds, but not until after they had already voted early on the damn thing. Too Late!
Better late than never. Smiley

I didn't change their opinion of gays, just their opinion of the amendment.
baby steps
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »

Well, this was a fun read.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies