Can someone explain Romney's speech? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:35:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Can someone explain Romney's speech? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can someone explain Romney's speech?  (Read 3498 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 04, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »

So is there a sort of 'far-left' leading equivalent? Which channel has the least biased coverage? What's CNN like? Sorry to keep asking questions but I'm quite intrigued!!
MSNBC tries to be like Fox for the left-wing, but fail rather miserably.  CNN is the most unbiased, in my opinion, however they have issues with their programming.  If Fox has one thing going for it, it is their ability to pounce on new and interesting stories quickly.  CNN always seems behind the curve to me.  However, I get most of my news from BBC, Al Jazeera, and articles I find on forums, so I might be unintentionally biased.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:38:20 PM »

Ok, back again with more questions! I expected Republicans and Romney supporters to back his position on any apologies for foreign policy but I also expected Democrats to say 'well, what's so bad about that (apologizing)? Instead, looking through the posts on here it looks like democrat supporters (that's the red ones right?) are stating that in fact Obama didn't apologize in the first place. I don't understand what the problem with an apology is? I consider myself a fairly decent chap but god knows I spend half my life apologizing for one thing or another (could just be that I'm a Brit, sorry!). So is it a case of apologizing is wrong or that there is nothing to apologize for? Sorry!

The logic is that if the President apologizes for the action of America, it belays weakness.  Our enemies will pick up on any hint of weakness and attack us like sharks to blood.  Of course that logic is incredibly flimsy, considering we are occupying one country and engaging in drone strikes in several others, while stationing troops and military equipment in all corners of the globe.  But Americans as a whole, both right and left, tend to be both uninformed and stirred by platitudes, so these things matter. 

And yes red is Democrat, blue is Republican, green is Independent, orange is Other, dark green is Green (environmentalist), yellow is Libertarian, and the beige-ish color is the Constitution Party.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 08:07:54 PM »

Thanks for the insight - much appreciated. I still don't think anyone's answered the question 'what is Romney's foreign policy?' Someone asked earlier but the 'answer' was 'Obama's approval rating has dropped in some parts of the Middle East'. Not really an answer there, is there? So does anyone know what his policies are or is he keeping them secret?
Romney has no coherent foreign policy that I am aware of.  That is why he is falling back on platitudes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies