Liberal mainstream media (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:44:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Liberal mainstream media (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree that "Americas mainstream TV networks and newspapers have a Liberal bias"
Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (I)

No (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Liberal mainstream media  (Read 3912 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: April 05, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Company; NBC is jointly owned by Comcast and General Electric; CNN is owned by TimeWarner; Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch; and CBS is owned by the same guy that also owns Viacom and Paramount.

If there's any bias there, it's towards corporatism.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:24:48 AM »

I understand your point (and agree with it), but who would own them if not corporations?  A hippy commune?

(and there are at least 2 TV news sources, the only 2 I ever watch, that are owned by governments....so I suppose that's an option as well)

Something like the BBC, if properly implemented, would be great, but I really don't trust the US government to manage something like that appropriately (on a related note, though, I do love some NPR).

The problem I have with the ownership of the news channels isn't that they're corporate entities, it's that they're all, in some form or another, just subsidiaries of various giant media/entertainment/electronics conglomerates. I wouldn't have an issue if they were managed by independent companies or whatever, like they used to be. CNN being the cable news component of Turner Broadcasting, for example, was completely fine. But when they're owned by a company that also owns amusement parks, sports teams, record labels, video game developers, internet service providers, movie studios, publishing companies, etc etc etc... things start carrying a bit of a burden of suspicion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies