Solution to Euro Crisis worth 250,000 Pound Sterling
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:44:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Solution to Euro Crisis worth 250,000 Pound Sterling
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Solution to Euro Crisis worth 250,000 Pound Sterling  (Read 675 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:24:59 AM »

At around 9:00am London time this morning Lord Wolfson held a press conference to announce the five finalists in his economics prize contest. I have done a podcast discussing the prize objectives and their implications with the Spain based British blogger Matthew Bennett. You can download it here.

The first thing that needs to be said about the initiative Wolfson has taken, in offering a 250,000 pounds stirling prize using his own money to anyone able to offer practical solutions to the current Euro crisis, is bravo. Someone willing to put their money where their mouth is, to try to find policies which should be applied in the common good has to be lauded.

Naturally Lord Wolfson is not looking for just any solutions, as the initial question makes clear, he is looking for a solution in which at least one member country leaves the Euro and a procedure (or template) whereby other countries who find themselves in a similar situation might leave. The question he asked is the following one.

“If member states leave the Economic and Monetary Union, what is the best way for the economic process to be managed to provide the soundest foundation for the future growth and prosperity of the current membership?”

http://fistfulofeuros.net/afoe/what-wolfson-did-next/
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:34:27 PM »

Well thank goodness the prize is in Sterling, because the only possible solution is printing Euros.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »

Well thank goodness the prize is in Sterling, because the only possible solution is printing Euros.

That would be a fun solution - give me 250 000 pounds, print a lot of euros --> I get filthy rich. Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »

That would be a fun solution - give me 250 000 pounds, print a lot of euros --> I get filthy rich. Tongue

drop in the bucket.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2012, 03:35:43 PM by Beet »

I made this one today.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies