Protesters rally over Florida teen's death, demand arrest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:37:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protesters rally over Florida teen's death, demand arrest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Protesters rally over Florida teen's death, demand arrest  (Read 18128 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2012, 09:22:08 AM »

The whole story is so uninteresting to me I can't read any of it.......I think it was memphis who noted that there's no hubub elsewhere when black kids get killed daily in the U.S.

I'm sorry for the family.....and every other family who doesn't merit national attention.

Had the shooter been arrested in a timely fashion, this story would not have mushroomed to the degree that it has.  There are too many holes in Zimmerman's story and the actions of the Sanford Police look incompetent at best or a coverup at worst.  It was really the reaction of the police which pushed this story into national headlines rather than the incident itself.

I've just heard Zimmerman's story, by proxy.  If true, it is self defense.  Now, is it true or is it an attempt to cover up murder?  The forensic evidence should tell, especially the bullet entry.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2012, 11:56:26 PM »

And, if Zimmerman had ran after him, you would have heard his heavy breathing on the call.

Pursuit does not necessarily have to involved running. He could have just continued looking around the area. Either that or he stuck around the area to wait for the police without heading back to his vehicle... at night, in the rain. Which considering he believed that there was a suspicious and potentially dangerous person around would be just about as stupid as pursuing. And if Martin ran and Zimmerman did not continue to pursue, what opportunity would Martin have to initiate the altercation? Are you saying that after running that he turned around and decided to pick a fight then? Seems like contradictory behavior to me.

1) If someone is running away from you, the only effective pursuit strategy is to run after them [or get back in your car and drive towards where they ran.] The alternative to assume that they had ran away, which is what Zimmerman's father said that Zimmerman did.

Zimmerman's father noted that the police asked Zimmerman for an address, and, in response, Zimmerman was walking on the sidewalks towards the front of the townhouses so that he could read an address.

2) Since we know for a fact that Zimmerman was not running in pursuit, we know for a fact that Martin could have ran all the way back to to his father's house without meeting Zimmerman. For some reason, Martin took a path that led him back towards where Zimmerman was when he exited his car.

3) Whether Martin doubled back purposely to confront Zimmerman, or their paths happened to cross, Martin's girlfriend heard the initial exchange as Martin asking if Zimmerman had a problem; Zimmerman asking Martin what he was doing; and a scuffle breaking out immediately disconnecting Martin's headset. [Zimmerman's account is Martin asked him if he had a "f------ problem?"]

It is odd that a man would ask someone a question and not allow time for a reply.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2012, 12:03:37 AM »

Zimmerman had told the dispatcher to have the police officer call him when he got to the complex.   Why would he go back to his truck?  It makes more sense to find the street address so he could tell the cop.

1. Because as neighborhood watch captain you would think he'd know the streets of his own neighborhood.
2. Because he thinks there's a suspicious, potentially dangerous person around. Why not go to the safety of his vehicle to get some shelter from the rain?

1) In the 911 call Zimmerman described the buildings as near the entrance to the complex. Had he really knew their street numbers why wouldn't he have told the dispatcher immediately from memory?

2) Because he thought Martin ran away, apparently.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2012, 12:13:20 AM »

The whole story is so uninteresting to me I can't read any of it.......I think it was memphis who noted that there's no hubub elsewhere when black kids get killed daily in the U.S.

I'm sorry for the family.....and every other family who doesn't merit national attention.

Had the shooter been arrested in a timely fashion, this story would not have mushroomed to the degree that it has. 

Zimmerman was brought to the station for questions immediately after the paramedics looked after his head wound. When you are detained and brought to the police station for questioning that's de facto being arrested. Zimmerman wasn't charged because the all the evidence and witness statements the police had at that time indicated that he had acted in self-defense.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies