The possibility that the Republican primary electorate isn't so conservative (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:07:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The possibility that the Republican primary electorate isn't so conservative (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The possibility that the Republican primary electorate isn't so conservative  (Read 1101 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: April 05, 2012, 03:04:12 AM »

It is a money thing. Sharron Angle, Christine O'Donnell, Carl Paladino, Ken Buck and Co. disprove this hypothesis swiftly.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 04:09:24 AM »

It is a money thing. Sharron Angle, Christine O'Donnell, Carl Paladino, Ken Buck and Co. disprove this hypothesis swiftly.

Yet those are lower-profile races with less voter information. It is quite interesting that in the highest-profile primary race with a plethora of debates and constant coverage, the more moderate candidate is winning out.

If you want to use moderate in a relative sense but even then not really. Huntsman, Giuliani, McCain 2000, Bush in 1980...all losers. And if these Senate races were so low profile and low information, one would assume the candidates with the most name recognition would win. It isn't the case.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 12:40:30 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 12:44:12 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Even tho he was a Democrat, Alvin Greene is exhibit number 1 in any argument that people pay less attention to Senate primaries than they should.

Hm, I think Greene was born to win that primary. He would have had my vote.

Still, unwinnable races would tend to be low profile...I wouldn't judge New York Republicans by whatever unknown sacrificial lamb they throw at Chuckie. My examples were using races that were contested.

Edit: Greene also won that primary due to his name, nothing else. Would seem to help my argument that name familiarity is the winner in a race that is low profile.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies