the declaration: New Atlasia.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:28:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  the declaration: New Atlasia.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the declaration: New Atlasia.  (Read 622 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2012, 02:31:05 PM »
« edited: April 04, 2012, 02:45:08 PM by © Tweed, as you understand Him »

a generational crisis, a new 'normal' of discontent: welcome to the New Atlasia.

VIDEO HERE (note: use of adult language)

__

I am proud to announce today, on April 4, 2012, in conjunction with: Nathan and the Labor Party; Carl the Ron Paul fanatic and his 'CPR Caucus'; my Vice Presidential candidate, mentor, and Supreme Court justice Bald Motherfker; and my longtime friend Keystone Phil, that the state apparatus is now declared defunct by our acclamation and we are forming a provisional government, which I will give the working title 'New Atlasia'.

eight and one-quarter years ago almost to the day, I took it upon myself to light the fire that would quickly evolve into the defining expression-form of our Community.  its evolution was nothing short of incredible, and though I did produce the spark, I cannot in my right mind claim responsibility for all the developments theretofore.  it was through the ingenuity and spontaneous brilliance of the Community at-Large that we, together and without a Divine plan, had our thousands of man-hours of fun through the years.

but somewhere, sometime, something went wrong.  this we know; we do not know entirely what it was, or why, but it went horribly wrong.  I am confident that we can and will answer these pressing questions; I have theories of my own.  and we must make this decisive, revolutionary break with the past or enjoy our front-row seat on the "Managed Decline" train right into the ash heap of history.

such is why, I, today, declare the current government of Atlasia illegitimate; and declare myself, as the General Secretary of the Tweedist Popular Front, the leader and Head of State of the temporary, transitory government that will throw Atlasia on its back and spawn a New incarnation of the former glory.

this transitory government is temporary, and will only use power in this vacuum for the shortest duration possible, before commissioning provisional elections that will return direct control over the state apparatus to the public at-large.

in the coming days, I will outline a plan of immediate action.  for this I will need not only the help of my trusted confidants, but also the general public. I have no desire to be royalty to any other form of autocrat: New Atlasia will be successful only to the extent that it is democratic, in the purest sense of the word.

for specific proposals, as well as a more general emotional appeal, please see the conjunctive video.

Best,
Your Leader,
Boss Tweed.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:44:43 PM »

FYI, I have messaged several former players about getting back into the game, and only two of them replied back; Phil and Joe Republic are busy and appear to have moved on.  Our only hope might just be recruiting people who have never played before, at this point.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:53:21 PM »

When will the revolution commence?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »

In the case of the Labor Party as a structure, as soon as I ascertain there's no significant objection. In the case of me personally and whoever in the Party wants to join me, immediately.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »

This is going on my tombstone.

Onward!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 05:52:05 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2012, 05:59:21 PM by Yelnoc »

Hmm, a revolutionary government.  Tweed, would you be interested in playing my political and government simulation "Politburo", which will start off with the players playing as members of the Soviet government under Lenin?  I'll be releasing it fairly soon, but I want to put some feelers out first, as for it run well I'm going to need about twenty or so players.

Here is a summary of what I am planning.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 08:02:56 PM »

Some in the Labor Party apparently think this is treason. Tweed, please explain to them why you don't see it as such, or if you do see it as such, why they should suborn that concern.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies