2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:48:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: will Congress stay republican
yes and the Senate will become Republican controlled

it will stay the way it as it is

dems will make gains

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: 2012  (Read 2640 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 19, 2012, 07:56:32 PM »
« edited: April 19, 2012, 10:27:59 PM by Kevin »

For the millionth time, I say Democrats keep the Senate but fall about 10 seats short of retaking the House.

Anyone on here who thinks that the Dems are going to retake/make significant gains in ether the House or Senate as of now is living in a a fantasy land regardless of whether Obama wins a 2nd term or not.

I agree that the Democrats will prob gain seats in the House but that's mainly due to the fact that alot of these GOP seats that are in jeopardy are in solid Red states like Maryland, California, or Illinois where there has been alot of pro-Dem Gerrymandering. Hence most of these are probably lost for the GOP to begin with.

While in the Senate, the Democrats  like mentioned above have too many seats to defend and only a couple of pick up oppertunites such as Massachusetts, Maine, and Nevada . And even these aren't a shoo-in at all for the Dem's. On the other hand they have several seats in Blue states that stand a significant chance of changing columns to the Republicans like Missouri, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Montana. Not to mention the outside chance that the GOP could win CT, WV, and HI under the right circumstances, which I lament is unlikely at this time. But still , the Democrats have automatically lost 2 seats already in North Dakota and Nebraska.

So the Democrats are already in some deep sh*t electorally in terms of the legislature. Esp. the Senate.  

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »

MT, WI, MA and VA: Tester down 3, Baldwin down 3, Warren no significant advantage and VA Allen has problems, all within the margin of error.  And the only reason why Shelley Berkley may not win is because Dina Titus who she very much resembles already lost in NV due to HCR and HCR was on the ballot in MO and was defeated.

What are you trying to say?

I'm afraid I don't get the point of your post?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies