PA PrimR: Rasmussen: Santorum stays ahead by four.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:26:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PA PrimR: Rasmussen: Santorum stays ahead by four.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA PrimR: Rasmussen: Santorum stays ahead by four.  (Read 5036 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »

Santorum - 42%
Romney - 38%
Paul - 7%
Gingrich - 6%
Other - 2%
Undecided - 5%

The even better news for Rick? This was conducted yesterday/after Tuesday's defeats.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »

The 'bots (Rassmussen's) have not been good at state polling.  It'd expect PA popular to be close, but in this range, however.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »

The even better news for Rick? This was conducted yesterday/after Tuesday's defeats.

PPP's poll was also conducted yesterday, which makes it a tie.

Can't be good news for Santorum, because he's broke and Romney can still spend 30 million.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:21:13 AM »

Congratulations, Santorum is now pretty much tied (combining this and PPP) with Romney in his home state - a clear sign this is over for him.

Plus, Romney has millions to invest in the state. Santorum doesn't.

Spin it how you want, but this isn't good news for Rick.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:07:53 PM »

That's not good news... Rick should be smoking Romney in his home state.  It's over dude... Romney WILL be the nominee.  Time to rally around our opponent to Obama.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 12:18:12 PM »

Good news in a relatively speaking sense, guys. Don't bust my balls on this. I want PA at least.

And, as stated a billion times, Romney's millions won't go as far here. Santorum had softer supporters elsewhere. Here, he has some of his most loyal.

You're going to have a hard enough time winning us over. Don't piss in the wound.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 12:23:05 PM »

I'm sure Santorum has enough soft supporters in PA to lose it if he's only up by 4% at this point.  That would really be only a fraction of what he's bled elsewhere, although maybe losing the last couple of primaries has already shaken all of the leaves from the tree.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 12:26:36 PM »

I'm sure Santorum has enough soft supporters in PA to lose it if he's only up by 4% at this point.  That would really be only a fraction of what he's bled elsewhere, although maybe losing the last couple of primaries has already shaken all of the leaves from the tree.

I think the latter part of that post makes most sense.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2012, 12:34:32 PM by Torie »

I'm sure Santorum has enough soft supporters in PA to lose it if he's only up by 4% at this point.  That would really be only a fraction of what he's bled elsewhere, although maybe losing the last couple of primaries has already shaken all of the leaves from the tree.

Per Trende's demographic model, Mittens should be ahead in PA by about 5 points, and with him running about 4-5 points ahead of the model, make it 10 points. So if you give Rick at least 5 points for the home state advantage, the PPP poll having Mittens 5% ahead does not surprise me.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:58 PM »

Database entry: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2012R/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=4220120404016
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »

All this talk by Santorum that this race is just at half time and that he is taking this contest right to the convention is nothing more than bluster and bravado.

Santorum knows this race is over, and I believe he wants to make his last stand in Pennsylvania, win the primary, then shortly after make a graceful exit from the race, thanking Pennsylvanians for standing by him, and then endorsing Romney.

Whether it will be a ringing endorsement or lackluster, I am not sure at this point.

However, should Santorum lose the Pennsylvania primary, and that is a possibility, this scenario would not go according to plan.

But I do believe that Santorum wants to leave the race on a high note, with a win in his home state, or at least one time home state.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »

Hmm, I remember all of those stories talking about how weak Gingrich's home-state victory was. Well, it's looking like those were probably stories not worth writing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 07:58:32 AM »

Hmm, I remember all of those stories talking about how weak Gingrich's home-state victory was. Well, it's looking like those were probably stories not worth writing.

It's all relative. If PA voted on Super Tuesday, Santorum would have romped to victory.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 03:04:49 PM by Politico »

It's more like taking a sick Old Yeller out back to put him out of his misery. I mean, Santorum obviously became infected with Newt Gingrich's rabies. What a tragedy, really, cause perhaps Santorum would have been a favored candidate for president or vice-president down the road. Fortunately, Romney avoided being totally brought down by Santorum/Gingrich, but this mess has been an unanticipated setback. I thought all of this nonsense would be over by now.

Anyway, Rick had the perfect opportunity to bow out gracefully after Wisconsin. He chose not to. Now he may suffer a humiliating defeat in his home state for the second time in less than six years. He has done this to himself,
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 03:02:48 PM »

You're going to have a hard enough time winning us over. Don't piss in the wound.

It's more like taking Old Yeller out back to put him out of his misery. I mean, Santorum obviously got too closely exposed to Newt Gingrich's rabies, and so forth. What a tragedy.

Rick had the perfect opportunity to bow out gracefully after Wisconsin. He chose not to. Now he may suffer a humiliating defeat in his home state for the second time in less than six years. He has done this to himself, of course.

That's why Romney's a better candidate. Even if Rick wins PA, he have only won one home state, but by the time we get to the end of June, Mitt'll have won like 4 of his home states.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 03:29:53 PM by Politico »

It's more like taking Old Yeller out back to put him out of his misery. I mean, Santorum obviously got too closely exposed to Newt Gingrich's rabies, and so forth. What a tragedy.

Rick had the perfect opportunity to bow out gracefully after Wisconsin. He chose not to. Now he may suffer a humiliating defeat in his home state for the second time in less than six years. He has done this to himself, of course.

That's why Romney's a better candidate. Even if Rick wins PA, he have only won one home state, but by the time we get to the end of June, Mitt'll have won like 4 of his home states.

Yeah, shame on Mitt for being successful, trying different things, and living in different states. That's a sin in Barack Obama's European Dream of America. Mitt should have known his place and just stayed in Detroit while getting by on his father's name! Mitt should feel really bad for making his way as his own man. And he should be especially ashamed of believing in the American dream, of believing in an America of opportunity where people are free to choose how to live their life in pursuit of happiness, instead of believing in European-style defeatism like Barack Obama does.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »

Yeah, shame on Mitt for being successful, trying different things, and living in different states. That's a sin in Barack Obama's European Dream of America. Mitt should have known his place and just stayed in Detroit while getting by on his father's name! Mitt should feel really bad for making his way as his own man. And he should be especially ashamed of believing in the American dream, of believing in an America of opportunity where people are free to choose how to live their life in pursuit of happiness, instead of believing in European-style defeatism like Barack Obama does.

Let's breeze past Obama "being successful, trying different things, and living in different states". Community organising, being a lawyer, being a Senator, being President taking him across Hawaii, DC, Illinois, etc, etc. Very European.

Obama's such a defeatist. His background screamed "President!" ever since he was born, but because of his European defeatist ways, he didn't bother to try. He was never elected President because he's such a defeatist. Who is Barack Obama, why is he here?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 04:45:06 PM by Politico »

Let's breeze past Obama "being successful, trying different things, and living in different states". Community organising, being a lawyer, being a Senator, being President taking him across Hawaii, DC, Illinois, etc, etc. Very European.

Has Obama ever had to find a real job in the real economy that about 90% of America lives in (i.e., the private sector)? Mitt Romney has. Furthermore, Mitt Romney has spent the past three years (and the rest of his life) outside of Washington, DC. Unlike President Antoinette ("Let them eat iPads"), Romney sees that not all is well in America outside of Washington, DC. Now maybe Romney agrees with the president about keeping government out of people's bedrooms, but Romney does not believe in government being some sort of economic panacea, which is a stark contrast to Barack "Spread the Wealth Around" Obama.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Barack Obama is a talented speaker and extremely lucky individual who does not believe in the American Dream of freedom and opportunity despite benefiting from it himself. This is common among limousine liberals. Obama clearly believes that more government is good, but more and more government is better, results be damned (America was not built on Big Government).  Why? One can only come to the conclusion that it is because it makes people more dependent upon government, and therefore more dependent upon politicians and bureaucrats. There is never enough government control in Obama's viewpoint. It is a new feudalism, if you will, which has infected much of Europe with Eurosclerosis since WW II. Obama wishes to replicate the European experience in America. It is Obama's European Dream for America. Ironically, the whole world economy could not survive the successful replication of Europe in America. If you think the past four years were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet if Barack Obama gets a second term.

Yes We Can (Make Sure My Young Supporters Can Never Start a Career)
Hope? Nope.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »

Has Obama ever had to find a real job in the real economy that about 90% of America lives in (i.e., the private sector)? Mitt Romney has. Furthermore, Mitt Romney has spent the past three years (and the rest of his life) outside of Washington, DC. Unlike President Antoinette ("Let them eat iPads?"), Romney sees that not all is well in America outside of Washington, DC. Now maybe Romney agrees with the president about keeping government out of people's personal lives, but Romney does not believe in government being some sort of economic panacea, which is a stark contrast to Barack "Spread the Wealth" Obama.

Just because someone's worked in the private sector doesn't mean that they understand the results of the actions that people like Mitt Romney make at the top. Mitt Romney ruined people's lives when he worked at Bain, pure and simple. Working in the private sector doesn't automatically qualify one to be president. Heck, if there is a war with Iran (heaven forbid) what will Mitt Romney do then? "Oh, I know this! I, uh... ran the Olympics. Other countries were involved!"

And of course Barack Obama's been in Washington for the past 3 years. Where else would you suggest the president be? You'd only be moaning that he wasn't doing his job if he was anywhere else.

No, you can come to that deluded conclusion. And don't try and make sweeping statements about evul soculisty Eurup (clearing) without knowing anything about evul soculisty Eurup.

Get help.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 05:13:46 PM by Politico »

Has Obama ever had to find a real job in the real economy that about 90% of America lives in (i.e., the private sector)? Mitt Romney has. Furthermore, Mitt Romney has spent the past three years (and the rest of his life) outside of Washington, DC. Unlike President Antoinette ("Let them eat iPads?"), Romney sees that not all is well in America outside of Washington, DC. Now maybe Romney agrees with the president about keeping government out of people's personal lives, but Romney does not believe in government being some sort of economic panacea, which is a stark contrast to Barack "Spread the Wealth" Obama.

Just because someone's worked in the private sector doesn't mean that they understand the results of the actions that people like Mitt Romney make at the top. Mitt Romney ruined people's lives when he worked at Bain, pure and simple. Working in the private sector doesn't automatically qualify one to be president. Heck, if there is a war with Iran (heaven forbid) what will Mitt Romney do then? "Oh, I know this! I, uh... ran the Olympics. Other countries were involved!"

And of course Barack Obama's been in Washington for the past 3 years. Where else would you suggest the president be? You'd only be moaning that he wasn't doing his job if he was anywhere else.

No, you can come to that deluded conclusion. And don't try and make sweeping statements about evul soculisty Eurup (clearing) without knowing anything about evul soculisty Eurup.

Get help.

I see that somebody gladly swallows whatever is served up to them by the champagne socialists of Britain.

I've interacted, both professionally and personally, with champagne socialists from Britain and conservative U.S. businessmen like Romney. Believe it or not, the latter tend to care about people even though they do not believe in government handouts (they believe handouts create a culture of dependence, and prevent people from striving for more), and they believe in freedom, opportunity and responsibility. In contrast, champagne socialists of the British variety tend to be rather snobbish and ultimately believe in controlling people, albeit it in a paternalistic manner rather than a dictatorial fashion. It is a feudalistic mentality and just because government is the instrument of control that does not really make it beneficial to common people. It's essentially modern feudalism filled with propaganda to convince people it's something else. It creates an environment of defeatism and stagnation rather than optimism and opportunity. It is not right for America.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »

Get help.

I see that somebody gladly swallows whatever is served up to them by the champagne socialists of Britain.

I've interacted, both professionally and personally, with champagne socialists from Britain and conservative U.S. businessmen like Romney. Believe it or not, the latter tend to care about people, and believe in freedom, opportunity and responsibility. The former tend to be rather snobbish and ultimately believe in controlling people. It is a feudalistic mentality and just because government is the instrument of control does not make it beneficial to common people. It's just modern feudalism with propaganda to convince people it's something else.

Roll Eyes
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »

At least he got on the ballot in his home states. Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies