The Good Post Gallery
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:37:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 45
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 178585 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: December 09, 2012, 01:54:37 PM »

I don't support Berlusconi "as much as" I used to. Ok, you're slowly getting there. Maybe by the next post, you'll fully come around and just admit fault.

The rest of your post is the usual silliness. "Santorum picking on the disabled that support this." I must have missed where he kicked Dole's wheelchair or something. Whatever. You're tiring. Go dig up another Santorum hit piece article and try to pass it off as news.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »

"Uneducated" people voting is a legitimate and big problem, and it's one of the reasons that we have a republican system rather than a purely democratic system. The "Founders" were terrified of an uneducated, selfish mob voting to continuously give themselves things with no restraint; Jefferson in particular advocated for a yeoman society to, among other reasons, allow farmers time to educate themselves politically during the winter/non-growing seasons. He thought Hamilton's industrialization goals would breed a diminished civic intelligence and conciousness due to physical and mental overtaxation.

I don't generally care for Jefferson (I like Hamilton much more), but he was right in that regard. There are at least three solutions to this problem: A) remove the "right" to vote by fundamentally changing our system, B) restrict the "right" to vote either at the bottom (who can vote) or at the top (what they can vote on), or C) have a more educated electorate through various methods. All could work under the proper auspices and specifications, and they all could easily fail under others.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #377 on: December 09, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »

Oh, come off it.  That thread was insanely inappropriate.  How insulting is it to the gay and lesbian community to try to link a despicable excuse for a human being like Ann Coulter to them?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »

click for ze context

Massive FOs in theory and in practice. The shortcomings of unions, both private and public, tend to deal with the fact that they're operating in environments hostile to their existence 99.9% of the time, at least in the United States. And even so, the worst of the worst in terms of corruption or lawbreaking (which, it should be noted are both very rare) are nothing compared to the organized money power that corrupts and controls American political and economic life.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #379 on: December 10, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »

I don't support Berlusconi "as much as" I used to. Ok, you're slowly getting there. Maybe by the next post, you'll fully come around and just admit fault.

The rest of your post is the usual silliness. "Santorum picking on the disabled that support this." I must have missed where he kicked Dole's wheelchair or something. Whatever. You're tiring. Go dig up another Santorum hit piece article and try to pass it off as news.

i'm still waiting for you to defend his obnoxiousness over lgbt rights.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »

That's nice.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »

That's nice.

or is santorum some sort of messianic figure to you who is incapable of being wrong?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #382 on: December 10, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

That's nice.

or is santorum some sort of messianic figure to you who is incapable of being wrong?

I think Phil knows Santorum is no messiah.  As for some of the supporters here of the Obamessiah...
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #383 on: December 10, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »

That's nice.

I think Phil knows Santorum is no messiah.  As for some of the supporters here of the Obamessiah...

well, yeah, they're pretty awful too
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2012, 12:47:31 PM »

That's nice.

Listen, I've been through this probably literally one hundred times with people here. I don't answer to you especially when you have your mind made up. Stop trolling me. I know you're friends with one of the other haters but you don't have to emulate his routine with me.

But for your information, I've admitted plenty of times when Santorum is wrong.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #385 on: December 10, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »

That's nice.

Listen, I've been through this probably literally one hundred times with people here. I don't answer to you especially when you have your mind made up. Stop trolling me. I know you're friends with one of the other haters but you don't have to emulate his routine with me.

But for your information, I've admitted plenty of times when Santorum is wrong.

why do you take this conspiracist attitude with me? i have no idea who you're referring to.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »

guys plz stop arguing in the good post gallery take it somewhere else Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #387 on: December 10, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »

Cheering the news that a dictator has fallen ill and might not longer be in power is horrible now?
Chavez is a democratically elected president in a country where the opposition controls most of the media. His governing style may be authoritarian, but he is not a dictator.

Thanks.  I needed a good laugh.
You have no reason to laugh.

Its a fact that the government controls only 5% of the TV channels. The rest are overwhelmingly owned by a few Venezuelan upper class families that hates Chavez. Its true that they have to show some of his speeches and other government propaganda, but it is just 24 minutes a day on average and only the "true believers" watch that stuff.

Newspapers are also controlled by the Venezuelan upper class. In radio its more even, because there is a number of local radio stations run by cooperatives that supports Chavez. I would still say its 60/40 in favour of the opposition.

But TV is what matters in Venezuelan and its dominated by very Conservative capital interests and are highly critical towards Chavez.

About the TV market situation:

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/publications/reports/who-dominates-the-media-in-venezuela 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2012, 03:42:38 PM »

Let me add here, the reply I just made there.

TV is what matters in Venezuelan and its dominated by very Conservative capital interests and are highly critical towards Chavez.

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/publications/reports/who-dominates-the-media-in-venezuela 

So you think the yanking of RCTV's broadcast license by Chavez for opposing him means that there is a dominant opposition media that is free from the threat of similar reprisals?  Thanks for giving me another laugh.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2012, 05:35:08 PM by politicus »

Let me add here, the reply I just made there.

TV is what matters in Venezuelan and its dominated by very Conservative capital interests and are highly critical towards Chavez.

So you think the yanking of RCTV's broadcast license by Chavez for opposing him means that there is a dominant opposition media that is free from the threat of similar reprisals?  Thanks for giving me another laugh.
Lets continue this discussion in the relevant thread and try to be less condescending in your replies, I am sure I know more about this subject than you do.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2012, 06:08:06 PM »

Women don't tend to obsess over specific fields of minutaie the way men do. A lot of the political gossip here is very analagous to female oriented celebrity magazines, but there is nothing they're into that compares to creating a national swing map by county. That's something only a guy would do.
...and you wonder why more women don't join the forum. Not because of s--t like this, but because we're too busy reading superficial celebrity gossip magazines. Obviously.

This seems to implicate you as a woman. I suggest you continue the admirable attitude of that post in response to the avalanche of creepy messages you're now bound to receive.

Remember to show compassion. Most men here are very sad and lonely and it then comes naturally to try and pass the blame. It's more worthy of pity than anger.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2012, 08:10:18 PM »

The old theological debates between jmfcst and supersoulty were the best.

Thank you, angus, for revealing the futility of this thread, or the discussion of any 'favorites of the forum' or even discussion of the quality of the forum in general - because the forum is a shadow of its former self.

Yes, there are still worthies here in shadow form, but after one of the pantheon was ripped out for nothing - just to demonstrate the power - well, here we all are.  Sad days.

rip jfcmts
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2012, 10:38:32 PM »

That's nice.

There is none of the sort since late 2009-early 2010.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #393 on: December 11, 2012, 04:02:59 PM »

Thank you, angus, for revealing the futility of this thread, or the discussion of any 'favorites of the forum' or even discussion of the quality of the forum in general - because the forum is a shadow of its former self.

Yes, there are still worthies here in shadow form, but after one of the pantheon was ripped out for nothing - just to demonstrate the power - well, here we all are.  Sad days.

rip jfcmts

Thanks lief, perhaps not surprisingly, the censors removed the original post - apparently it is 'trolling' to remember the purges they committed in the past.

jmfcst is to removed from history by the Ministry of Truth.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #394 on: December 11, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »

rip jfcmts

Thanks lief, perhaps not surprisingly, the censors removed the original post - apparently it is 'trolling' to remember the purges they committed in the past.

You got death points for that?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »

rip jfcmts

That's right, five death points for remembering.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2012, 04:18:45 PM »

rip jfcmts

I'll memorialize it for you if I can.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #397 on: December 12, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »

Can the mods come and justify this? Because the way opebo puts it, it sounds really irrational. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #398 on: December 12, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »

Welcome to Atlas Forum, Simfan.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #399 on: December 12, 2012, 01:05:18 PM »

Can the mods come and justify this? Because the way opebo puts it, it sounds really irrational. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this.

They don't want jmfcst or what was done to him talked about, Simfan.  It is quite rational/logical.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies