The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:22:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 179663 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:25:06 PM »

Seems like a great many recent posts have been removed from this thread.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »

Why does the Good Post Gallery only have 3 pages to it?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 03:01:06 PM »

I'm surprised Tender Branson didn't get whacked with some death points for that......prudish environment we are in......
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »

Stop it......much of your posting history can be placed here Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2012, 02:15:25 PM by Grumps »

seriously, dude? 

"Hey, I like to fuck.  I like it alot.  So you should pay for my birth control."

Guess what, sister:  We all like to fuck!  But we don't necessarily all go on national TV and brag about how we have such a grand sense of entitlement that, even though we can cough up enough money for law school and tropical vacations and trendy clothing, we expect Uncle San to cough up nine dollars a month for birth control.

Let's re-focus.  We got nothing against women who stay on the pill.  When I was single I'd have been glad to meet up with her.  Really glad.  No one is sexualizing herself except herself.  And good for her.  You go, girl.  She appears to be feisty, in reasonably good health, experienced, and she definitely comes off as though she likes it rough and often.  Nothing wrong with that.  What we're ridiculing, though, is her cause.  Well, actually, all we're ridiculing is her speech.  It was a shameless, grievance-obsessed, bitter diatribe.

Still, I'd probably do her.   Wink

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 11:45:24 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »

I drove through just to check it out when I was in the neighborhood, touring the Badlands. It was quite desolate and depressing, like most rural areas. What was notably different was that many Natives were out walking around along the Highway, something no non-Native rural would be caught dead doing in their neck of the woods. FWIW, the tour guide at Rushmore said the gov't has given the tribe a bazillion dollars (precisely) in compensation for screwing them over back in the day regarding the Black Hills. But the Injuns won't take the money, so it just sits in an account somewhere getting bigger day after day. And yet they all live in squalor. Go figure out a Native.

Yes, they're hard to understand - having honor and pride and so forth..

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »

The old theological debates between jmfcst and supersoulty were the best.

Thank you, angus, for revealing the futility of this thread, or the discussion of any 'favorites of the forum' or even discussion of the quality of the forum in general - because the forum is a shadow of its former self.

Yes, there are still worthies here in shadow form, but after one of the pantheon was ripped out for nothing - just to demonstrate the power - well, here we all are.  Sad days.

rip jfcmts

Thanks lief, perhaps not surprisingly, the censors removed the original post - apparently it is 'trolling' to remember the purges they committed in the past.

jmfcst is to removed from history by the Ministry of Truth.

You got death points for that?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 04:18:45 PM »

The old theological debates between jmfcst and supersoulty were the best.

Thank you, angus, for revealing the futility of this thread, or the discussion of any 'favorites of the forum' or even discussion of the quality of the forum in general - because the forum is a shadow of its former self.

Yes, there are still worthies here in shadow form, but after one of the pantheon was ripped out for nothing - just to demonstrate the power - well, here we all are.  Sad days.

rip jfcmts

Thanks lief, perhaps not surprisingly, the censors removed the original post - apparently it is 'trolling' to remember the purges they committed in the past.

jmfcst is to removed from history by the Ministry of Truth.

You got death points for that?

That's right, five death points for remembering.

I'll memorialize it for you if I can.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »

On Newt Gingrich

I guess he realized he can't exactly make the argument of the sanctity of marriage.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 03:48:49 PM »

No, no.  Are you being sarcastic?  You do realize this is a terrible thing to do to someone - to ghettoize them.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »

They post photos of men who 'cheat'?  So, just photos of every male?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »

Yeah Opebo is on a roll today.  It's almost like I hurt his feelings.

Christ man, have you no decency?  Even in this place..

Let me explain the procedure to you: you insult people in other threads, and then your achievements are enshrined here by your admirers.  You don't just clutter the place up with your dimwit.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 09:48:53 AM »

I'd like to see Inks give a serious response to this one.

Why is it that when Alcon was the sole moderator of FC and OT, these scuffles rarely, if ever, happened?

The forum has not gotten worse.  In fact, things that used to slip by regularly are all locked up tight before anyone can blink now.

Inks, this moderation business is ruining your reputation here.  And that's sad, because we've lost any semblance of you as a poster and now see you only as a full time moderator.

Someone, I'm guessing you, deleted one of my posts recently as well with no mention of it to me.  The post simply disappeared.  Sure, it was a very fat woman sitting on a bench with her gunt hanging out and wasn't necessarily on topic... but I'm pretty sure it was in the OT board, where fat woman with exposed gunts are wont to be.

In all seriousness, Phil and the others have a point.  You take your post way too seriously as moderator and it's actively taking away from the forum.  I'd simply ask you to resign as moderator.. but I think you can be part of the solution.

And if you can't, then maybe you should resign and let this fall in someone else's lap.  There's no shame in that.

I think what most people want is a return to the days where Alcon only moderated the most blatant trolls or insults.  Trashing your moderating style is not grounds for infraction.  Joking around where both parties are totally aware it is a joke... is not grounds for infraction.. etc etc

The job requires some intuition.  You can't just go by the book.

He's smart not to, believe me.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 10:23:15 AM »

This "show" should be turned off. It's a disgrace that a such an immature, hopeless, and thoroughly sheltered individual should have a venue to trouble the world with his pathetic sob story. Stop clogging this forum with your pathetic excuses and recriminations about a life you have squandered. Change or not, we shouldn't care anymore. You got your chances, put up or sh**t up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 12:19:01 PM »

I refuse to interest myself in who might be a 'sock' of whom - I mean who the hell cares about that?  We should take 'people' and posts at face value - if it is witty and amusing, it is gold.  If it is interesting, that's good too.  Who it 'is' doesn't interest me at all, and I can't imagine why it interests those tiresomes who make it their business to investigate such nonsense.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 01:57:14 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2013, 02:02:34 PM by Grumps »

Remember, you’re blessed in having Inks, and I believe in him as strongly as I did before I was banned.

Thank you.

Simfan34
[/quote]

It's not all good.  But he is right about BRTD and whoever that other woman is.-+
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 02:01:44 PM »

Jmfcst's banning is an objective negative mark on our moderators' records.  Other bans upset fanboys and were controversial, but ultimately right IMO. 

Jmfcst is different.  He is the only member who was objectively banned for no good reason other than his political beliefs.  He was an abrasive poster, but we have plenty of abrasive posters.  His crime was being anti-gay.  There's no way you can dispute it, especially now that we have threads started by our mods (afleitch) going back into the archives ridiculing non-supporters of gay marriage.  At the very least, it put him under a microscope for scrutiny.

It was a petty political ban.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »

He really deserves death points for not doing so.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 10:08:09 AM »

1. I can't see you doing computer-aided drafting.

i dont want to be rude inks.  but...

you seem to be berating bushie more than encouraging him.  you come across as someone who is quite miserable in your own life.

you constantly tell him to apply to jobs.  fine.  but then i seem to remember you telling him something like: 'i wouldnt hire you and i work in food service...' 

and i should add it really doesnt matter one damn bit what you can or cant see bushie doing.  your visions of bushie's future are irrelevant.

we all agree bushie needs help.  professional help.  continually berating him isnt going to push him to get that help.  trust me on that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 12:17:56 PM »

Thank you to the "0 (needless insult)" people for flying their douche flag so high.  It makes it easier for us to identify you.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »

I hope that it helps mark the end of all of this.. stuff.

I can't remember how it started, and I'm not blaming memphis alone for it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 10:06:51 AM »

I hope that it helps mark the end of all of this.. stuff.

I can't remember how it started, and I'm not blaming memphis alone for it.

It sort of started with my post, then memphis's reply, in the confessions thread. And then it gradually snowballed into all of this. I don't think anyone on my side of things would apologise too much for the aftermath, though, but it was indeed exacerbated by everyone.

Yeah I stopped reading after the first 50 posts or so spread throughout the atlas domain.  As noted, it seems everyone contributed to the mess.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 02:16:47 PM »

In response to Herr Torie's power-trip senile ramblings........

Why is it ridiculous to think that a new poster here wouldn't know that something is against the rules when it doesn't say anywhere on the site that it is? Should new posters be expected to troll The Atlas board to surmise on their own all the various infractions the moderators have made up to suit their powertrips?

Really this whole sock thing is nonsense, and the only people who seem to have a problem with it are the moderators.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 02:01:01 PM »

Not sure why, but this post just struck me as good, perhaps because I've never heard the phrase "rumpy-rumpy" before.

Ever since the Profumo-affair British sex scandals have generally been boring stuff blown out of proportion by a sensationalist press. This seems to be some middle aged rumpy-pumpy among greyfaced bureaucrats. You guys are way behind the Americans in this area.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies