The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:36:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 179142 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: August 03, 2012, 09:28:30 PM »

Bushie, I'm 130 pages into the Second update, and I can draw no conclusion except you are truly a cursed, miserable, terrible specimen of a human being. I cannot believe I was able to go and attempt to give you advice when you have so thoroughly ignored every piece of advice offered to you in this forum. Nor can I believe that we continued to give it.

I don't know what to say. You should be ashamed of yourself, scamming and exploiting and lying about your job situation, then claiming that you've received guidance from God! God is not talking to you... our God is a good God and He would not be leading you down your destructive path, so maybe it's Satan. But I doubt anyone is talking to you, at least not talking sense. No, you have your enablers, your parents and that pastor, who are useless enough to lead you to where you are today. I come from an African background, as you know, and we deeply follow and abide by our parents. But you depend on them as if you are five.

You go from a good paying job to a scam in which you rip off your own parents. You are terrible. No self-respecting man would do such a thing. A MUGU, and one who can be fooled by dishonest ones easily. You were a reverend, a Christian. You blaspheme God by involving Him in your tomfoolery... perhaps that's why you are so wretched.

You claim to take things slow and are engaged in a matter of months to a woman with the maturity of a ten year old. My God, do you not see the rest of us? 2-5+ years before engagement, like normal, coastal Americans! Then you try to get back together with her after she breaks up with you through your parents. I've never even heard of that happening. Ever! I mean, what's wrong with you!?

Then you sign up for a job with a company you worked for and quit before because you didn't like it after a day, I MEAN WHAT IS THAT? HOW CAN YOU BE SO IGNORANT ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING??!!! You go and tell us you're doing one thing and do another, saying you didn't want to believe you were doing sales?Huh No one's making you do that! You're not a slave! Slavery would be better for you, you would be doing honest work and be made to stick with it! Instead you quit jobs after months, weeks, days, hours! How many jobs have you had since you started the update?

Perhaps you're not real. I desperately want to believe such. Perhaps you're a collaborative effort between authoritarian leftists to erode our faith in humanity... as that's what your update is doing! Chris Christie a few weeks ago said that "Washington thinks it can manage your lives better than you can", and looking at you the answer is "damn right it can!" I know intelligent, sensible, attractive, and personable Oklahomans. What went wrong with you??

I'm watching the weather Channel right now. There's a fire in Oklahoma. I hope it burns your house, maybe that'll drive you to sensible behavior.

Mods, why haven't you banned this idiot yet? He's trolling, soliciting advice and not taking it, indeed doing the exact opposite of what we say. You set your ultimatum, Mikado, but he's failed about 20 such of his own similar goals. Get rid of him. Now!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:55:55 PM »

I don't love Pinochet, but I'm fully willing to acknowledge him the least bad of several evils in the time period when he took power, ...

Pinochet's coup had better outcomes than the alternatives,....

Also, this is probably the 8th time I've had to explained this stance.

1. This position is at variance with whatever is by now known about Chilean situation at the time. Chile was not, to the best available historical evidence, about to fall to the Soviets or whatever. Allende was not preparing a self-coup, he had just lost (and ackonowledged the loss) of a congressional election, was not allowed to run for re-election, and was not planning to change that prohibition. That there was all but no organized leftist resistance to the coup provides ample evidence that there was no leftist military organization outside the government either.  While one can plausibly argue that Pinochet and those around him were scared of things, all evidence we have at present shows that they were scared (if they were, indeed, scared) of figments of their own imagination.

2. It's not a matter of his personal failings, but of the absolute and unqualified evil and immorality of his actions as both the military commander and Head of State. He betrayed his military oath, betrayed his country, and murdered in cold blood a lot of people. While the first two could apply to Chavez's original coup (mind it: he did spend time in prison for that), the last is clearly unapplicable. From the standpoint of this particular Latin American rightist (which I am, without a doubt), there is no question that Chavez has been an infinitely less awful ruler than Pinochet. While I sharply diagree with Chavez's politics and do consider him a complete idiot, I don't doubt his good intentions. He is not a bad man - just a stupid one. Pinochet, though, was undoubtedly both stupid and evil.

3. The reason you have a hard time having your point of view accepted is not a misunderstanding (I understand it full well), but that it is a) ahistorical and b) immoral. You will not get any more understanding from me if you were to start defending Mussolini, Castro, Trujillo or any of the other tinpot dictators and "leaders" of the past century. No "ifs" or "buts" here. Any virtues of pension reforms or autobahns notwithstanding.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »

guys plz stop arguing in the good post gallery take it somewhere else Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 02:33:10 AM »

I seriously believe Congress should be paid the medium income of Americans.
How about they start paying us, oh wait, they already do!

You're telling me we're paid by Congress? By what? Their own munificent generosity and benevolent charity? You're joking, right? Now, I'm not much of a democrat and certainly no republican, but at least in this country, these people on the hill are beholden to the people. We could fire them all if we wanted to, and if people in this country had half a brain, they would.

I'm not going to deny that the GOP is to blame here. The amount they've been willing to ignore their beliefs, constituents, and past positions all to spite the President is just disgusting. I really don't know who the Republicans are beholden to. The rich are liberals. The neoconservatives and neoliberals are supportive of the President. It seems they're led by no ones and nobody- Norquist, Limbaugh, Santorum. Who are these people? Why are they leading the party? They're nobodies! These small minded morons aren't conservative, they aren't even reactionary, they're just dumb. The GOP today isn't being led by far right wingnuts, they're being led by just- wingnuts.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 09:59:44 AM »

I would like to think that I have a coherent set of beliefs and political opinions, even if they may change and even if I keep pretty quiet about them because I dislike political debate. I am not a Moderate Hero, I don't adapt my opinions to circumstances and in some cases I feel pretty strongly about certain issues. Push comes to shove, I lean more to the left than to the right.

But why is there an absolute necessity to attach a label to me? Why is there a need to conform to established ideological labels? One of the reasons I don't identify with any of the existing labels is because I feel that I do not 'conform' to the main ideological labels out there ('social democrat', 'social liberal' etc), in addition to the fact that those labels are pretty useless and increasingly devoid of meaning. Given that those ideologies (like most) are quite vague, what constitutes a 'coherent set of beliefs' which conforms to said ideology? I'm pretty sure there is no one 'coherent set of belief' which defines you as a social demcorat and nothing else.

Besides, even I did have a label attached to me, what good would it be? An ideology is not like food and water, it is not something which I 'need' to have, it's not some kind of consumer product either. I'm some random poster on some internet forum who writes a blog. Why would anyone give a sh**t about what my ideology is? Certainly only few people are genuinely interested about your random opinions about political issues and even fewer people will reconsider their own random opinions based on my own random opinions. What purpose would it serve to have an ideological label attached to my beliefs? It's not like I'm a politician or something, there's no need for me to attach myself to labels.

Again, I do have an ideology: anti-reactionary Mustafinism-Komovism. It's not one of the prepackaged products on the markets? Well, that's really too bad.

What Hash said basically.

What I have learnt from this forum is really how rhetoric doesn't so much hug reality in some all embracing glow as rather strangle it violently trying to remove all life from it but, like in consentual BDSM, it needs the victim to keep breathing so it can keep on going.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »

Hey, I think I was first in launching a Jihad against ideology around here. How come I don't get any credit for that?  Sad

didnt see the post Sad
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 01:23:44 PM »

Tik is amazing.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »

Look man, you don't get it. Short posts don't belong here, unless they offer an amazingly profound insight. Especially not single sentences. Especially not a random answer to a poll question that basically just repeats the wording of the original post. Nothing against afleitch of course, I love the guy, but you're just doing it wrong soooo badly. If you can't tell from the posts of others, please note for future reference that posts in the Good Post Gallery are supposed to be "Effort Posts," when a forumite crafts a well-thought out and nuanced statement that outclasses all other responses in the thread. When a considerable amount of time, effort, and thought went into the creation of the post, and it's plainly evident when reading it. That's a good post. That's what this thread is for. If you want to post little one-sentence things like what you've been quoting, just put them in your signature- that's why it's there.

Hope this helps you discern what to post here so everyone else doesn't get pissed at you and change the thread title or have quotes with a hundred point font or report your posts to mods Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies