The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:09:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 179796 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 22, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »

Any post ending in "I think I know how, but will not say that much at this time," belongs in the Deluge, not the Gallery.

It is vintage spade.

Yes, but that's the problem.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »

Bravo BRTD! The last two lines especially.

And for the record, McCain has really done nothing in service to the US. He fought to defend a fascist regime that in no way benefited US interests and simply bloated and benefited the military-industrial complex, was imprisoned by an enemy of that regime for several years, and then used a political career rife with corruption to benefit individuals like Charles Keating, attention whored the hell out of his limelight for a couple years just because he managed to lose to an even worse human being in the GOP primary, in his own campaign picked someone as his running mate that basically forever destroys his credibility on stating if someone is qualified for ANYTHING, lost, and then pandered to the far right to survive a primary challenge only to end up a standard backbencher tool of the GOP leadership. He is nothing more than a bitter washed up old man. Obama appointing Rice and getting her through would be another fantastic showing of his superiority over McCain and how McCain can't ever beat him. Obama beat him in 2008 and should use every opportunity to beat him as much as possible from here on.

There's little to nothing good about this post, particularly regarding McCain's military service. The deep faults of US Vietnam policy can't and shouldn't be placed on the shoulders of any serviceman, including McCain.

If liberals are going to truly ascribe to 'Supporting our troops' while opposing the wars they fight, then that has to apply as equally to the John McCain's and Josh Mandels as to the Max Clellands and Patrick Murpheys.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:50:19 PM »

True. But it was Lewis who was being quoted, and his point was perfectly valid.

True. I misread it as part of Tweed's half-assed defense of driving under the influence. I've accordingly deleted my related posts as dreck.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 08:59:42 PM »

I've accordingly deleted my related posts as dreck.
While that's a good start - only 8196 more to go.

Ouch! Sulfer mine material there.....
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 09:19:08 PM »

Folks-

Sorry for being an attention hog- Wendy don't care about my politics so no one else at 1:30 in the morning would give my drivel any attention but you guys...

I don't know if this board and all of you have helped me reach this conclusion or not...maybe I'm returning to my 1964 self when I cast my first ballot for LBJ, a man all of us believed could continue to make our nation fairer and freer...or perhaps I'm getting soft in my old age. Or maybe it is simply a realization that I do not have that many votes left to cast so I better make them count...

I don't believe the Democrats have all the answers and not all of them have the right intentions- but I see largely a group of people who are committed to making America what the founders intended it to be... not the strict ideas of old men centuries ago, but a belief that America must constantly evolve and change and accept new people and ideas. I don't believe conservatives have ill will towards our country just as I never believed the Democrats did... but I see a fundamental difference in the way each party sees the weakest among us. Those of us who have had success need to raise them up...I benefited from the government doing that for me. I was a screw up when the Navy taught me the skills that led me to be very successful in my life- government did that for me... so why should I not want it to do the same for others?

I believe 2016 will be the last election I cast a ballot for...what do I want that vote to stand for? Where do I want to see my country go? From my party, I see folks committed to going backwards- back to the days when the old boys club ran the show and women and blacks were let in the room only to fetch drinks. I see folks committed to obstruction- whose hypocrisy knows no bounds, who will allow a Republican President any power in the name of national security but a Democratic President they see as a tyrant when he seeks the same powers. I see a party whose members jump at the chance to stand against the tides of history- maybe it's only because I've seen the civil rights movement that I can tell you that immigrants and gays will have their equal rights... and I don't want my last vote to delay the march towards equality that I fought for as a much younger man

My first vote was based on idealism... every vote since has been based on realism- the here and now of my personal finances, our pressing national security issues, you name it...I want to base my last vote on idealism and a belief in what we as Americans can achieve together. Therefore, I am going to the Supervisor's office tomorrow to switch my registration to the Democratic Party

May you cast many more ballots to come, regardless of party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies