The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:19:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 178722 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 06, 2012, 12:25:48 AM »

Even better.  Tesseractic!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

I don't support Berlusconi "as much as" I used to. Ok, you're slowly getting there. Maybe by the next post, you'll fully come around and just admit fault.

The rest of your post is the usual silliness. "Santorum picking on the disabled that support this." I must have missed where he kicked Dole's wheelchair or something. Whatever. You're tiring. Go dig up another Santorum hit piece article and try to pass it off as news.

i'm still waiting for you to defend his obnoxiousness over lgbt rights.

That's nice.

or is santorum some sort of messianic figure to you who is incapable of being wrong?

I think Phil knows Santorum is no messiah.  As for some of the supporters here of the Obamessiah...
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 03:42:38 PM »

Let me add here, the reply I just made there.

TV is what matters in Venezuelan and its dominated by very Conservative capital interests and are highly critical towards Chavez.

About the TV market situation:

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/publications/reports/who-dominates-the-media-in-venezuela 

So you think the yanking of RCTV's broadcast license by Chavez for opposing him means that there is a dominant opposition media that is free from the threat of similar reprisals?  Thanks for giving me another laugh.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:03:45 PM »

Sorta surprised to be posting an opebo post here, but I think it belongs here.
Opebo.. you might check out the median income figures for both countries. That way, the numbers will not be skewed by the "massive" of wealth of the Tories of this world. Smiley

I never claimed it was a median nor a per capita income, Torie, so don't try to put up a straw man.  I observed that it is the income of the toiling masses at the bottom of society - who cannot save.

OK, but your definition, as you try to slither away here, puts the percentage of the "toiling masses" at about 10% of the US population maybe, and that is before they get their income tax credit, and food stamps, and the like. Most people don't use the term "masses" when referring to 10% of the whole.

My dear sir, we must always and ever consider the test case of any program or policy to be the most vulnerable!  It does no good to say 'well it isn't the majority who are starving to death'.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 09:55:36 AM »

Margaret Thatcher was not a monster. Monsters are made and created by people to create a crude caricature of their own fears, angers and vices and that was true of Margaret Thatcher. You can disagree with her and you can disagree with the direction in which she took this country but for many she was a person on to which they could direct their own anger. People had a very tough time in the 1980’s because of what her government did, people suffered, people lost and had to pick themselves up my own family included, but many people had a tough existence because they didn’t strive to better themselves when opportunities arose. I came from a family and a town of miners and steelworkers. But come the end of the 20th Century the mining stopped and the steel working stopped and for some their whole world ended. I fully understand it. It must have felt the same for my family and my town at end of the 19th Century when the cotton mills stopped because that was all they knew or for my family at the end of the 18th Century when they were thrown out of their farmland. But you pick yourselves up and you move on and adjust to the new economy because it will always change; that is the capitalist system. And workers have always responded to those demands; they’ve been smart enough to do that. My family did that and had that same spirit, yet some of my neighbours did not. You cannot blame that one woman thirty years later if you still have not adjusted and re-skilled to meet the demands of the economy and missed the opportunities because you pine for a past that really wasn’t as idealistic and as community spirited as you feel it was. That is my address to those who are of a certain age but it’s not really appropriate on this board.

For those on this board who are not of that age, then you don’t really have the right to ‘claim’ her, either as a great woman or as a monster. It wasn’t your life or your existence.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 12:16:57 AM »

Depends.  This BK is a loser:
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 11:04:02 PM »

Thanks for the mention.  I'm not a Bible literalist, and I never will be, but if I were I think there is a good chance I would be an Adventist.  I do enjoy the local radio station they sponsor here, even when I disagree with their theology, they present it in a logical and respectful manner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies