Politician makes moronic racist statement. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:53:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Politician makes moronic racist statement. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politician makes moronic racist statement.  (Read 2564 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 09, 2012, 05:03:06 AM »

In many African American communities, people who live outside of their community set up shop in black communities and take money out of the community back to wherever they live, which is assumed not to be down the block.

It's viewed as a long-standing part of African American impoverishment, that outsiders control the commerce of African American communities and suck them dry by taking all the proceeds elsewhere.

The idea is that, if black people who lived in the communities owned these shops, they would profit off of their community but that profit would stay in the community, enriching it and building a less exploitative economy.

White people never had this problem, so it's not at all comparable to if a white person advocated kicking out black shop owners.
Yeah, those damn asians need to stop forcing black shops to close with their karate, kung fu and two parent households.  Perhaps Affirmative Action can be put to work here?

Seriously though, I don't know why black entrepreneurs don't open shops in black communities.  I could speculate, but that could come across a little racist.  Black entrepreneurs certainly exist.  I'm sure they have good reasons.  I'm guessing that if a lot of these Korean (or whatever) owned shops didn't exist, no shop at all would exist.

Which reminds of the backlash Wal Mart often gets when they try to move into a city (like Chicago a decade or so ago), denying poor people the opportunity to buy sh**t cheaper seems like a dick move, but whatever.  Yeah, Wal Mart sucks, but it's better than nothing or insanely overpriced small shops or having to travel dozens of miles for the poor consumer.

What the hell doesn't come across "racist" nowadays, anyway. :eyeroll:
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:41:37 AM »

What the hell doesn't come across "racist" nowadays, anyway. :eyeroll:

To be honest Mike, you're the last person here who should be asking that question. Given your record of openly racist remarks, that is.

What I said is perceived as racist, but it isn't meant to sound that way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies