Romney making a mega buy in PA. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:29:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney making a mega buy in PA. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney making a mega buy in PA.  (Read 4000 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: April 06, 2012, 07:19:16 PM »

http://www.politicspa.com/breaking-romney-campaign-plans-mega-buy-of-pa-tv/33753/

Apparently, he isn't investing in the Pittsburgh market.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »

The "small irrelevant state" part of his argument, though. That's not nonsense at all. Romney can't very well just concede all of PA's delegates to Santorum.

People still aren't acknowledging the point that I (and even J.J.) made a billion times about how the delegates are directly elected, unpledged and are mostly machine types that will fall in line with the frontrunner? Ok. Cool.

On a related note, if PA still goes to Rick, he should get the statewide delegates that the party leadership choose but even that isn't guaranteed. I guess they'd still give them to him though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »

The "small irrelevant state" part of his argument, though. That's not nonsense at all. Romney can't very well just concede all of PA's delegates to Santorum.

People still aren't acknowledging the point that I (and even J.J.) made a billion times about how the delegates are directly elected, unpledged and are mostly machine types that will fall in line with the frontrunner? Ok. Cool.
Right, I recall the directly elected part. And the supported candidate not listed on the ballot part. But how many candidates are affiliated with the campaigns, exactly? I certainly am not going to read every post on this cesspool of a board; I'm actually vaguely surprised it's still harmless enough that I'm not ignoring it entirely as I did for long stretches with its 2008 predecessor.

The campaigns and establishment get their top supporters to run and essentially be pledged to a candidate even if it isn't official. Almost everyone is affiliated with a candidate or are running because the establishment needs them and they will support whomever they're told to support at the convention. Few people bother to run while being undecided.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies