Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:01:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Author Topic: Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]  (Read 45841 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00:42 PM »

I am postponing the Mideast vote until both candidates have made their speeches.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: January 04, 2013, 10:15:37 PM »

In preparation for the upcoming presidential race, I am stating my intention to run for the nomination of the Liberal party, as well as the nomination of any other party that would have me. It would be a a greatly appreciated measure if the party would consider me for their nomination.

You would have to register as a member of the Liberal Party in order to seek the nomination.  If we do not garner any Liberal candidates in the next several weeks, we will formally vote to endorse one of the tickets at the convention.

Thank you for that information. My campaign aides had not thoroughly researched the rules of the specific parties. Thank you for the response, nonetheless.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #302 on: January 05, 2013, 03:59:15 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen. On behalf of the liberal(s?) of the Imperial Dominion, I proudly say that our great and glorious region is experiencing a boom in activity and migration into the South. However we cannot let the Federalists and the Laborites have all the fun. I am announcing Operation Jambalaya. I shall lead the charge to grow liberal strength in the region and have set the goal of IDS liberals being at least 33% of the region.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #303 on: January 05, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »

While I appreciate jbrase's sentiments, we should try to win based on the merits of our ideas, not strategic registration, IMO at least.  However, I would urge jbrase to consider running for the IDS legislature Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #304 on: January 05, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »

I am also not in favor of strategic registration because it ruins the game and, frankly, pisses everyone off.  I think recruiting people to the game without taking their region into account is the best and fairest way to help grow the party.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: January 05, 2013, 05:46:31 PM »

Who said strategic registration Huh I am talking about getting southern people to convert to the liberal party, and getting southern people on atlas to join the game in the IDS.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #306 on: January 05, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »

Who said strategic registration Huh I am talking about getting southern people to convert to the liberal party, and getting southern people on atlas to join the game in the IDS.

I'm in.

Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #307 on: January 05, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »

I am also not in favor of strategic registration because it ruins the game and, frankly, pisses everyone off.  I think recruiting people to the game without taking their region into account is the best and fairest way to help grow the party.
Well, that also depends on which ideology is doing it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #308 on: January 07, 2013, 12:34:34 AM »

Good Evening,

Thank you for allowing me to speak at your headquarters.

Four years ago, I ran for Governor on a promise to bring a new era of bi-partisanship and success to our region. Today, looking back at my record, I believe I've accomplished both of those goals. Under my leadership, we have passed reforms to education, immigration, and unions. After years of discussing, we were finally able to pass the first Mideast budget (balanced, might I add), and we did so without cutting funds to entitlements or raising folks' taxes. I have been heavily involved in the debate of each bill or amendment we have voted on, and have authored many bills that are in our statue myself.

Activity in the Mideast Assembly and region as a whole has surged during the past four months - More legislation has passed under my term than ANY other term in the history of the Mideast! We have also never had as many candidates running for the Assembly as we will be having in these January elections. Our Wiki has also remained up-to-date during my administration, more updated than it has ever been!

Serving as Governor has been a unique and rewarding opportunity - we have many different personalities in our government, and it has been a thrill to see us all come together for the benefit of our region. When the people of the Mideast elected me last September, they elected me to promote bi-partisanship and compromise in the Assembly. And while some think that may not be necessary if one side has a supermajority, I still do. My opponent's campaign is almost entirely focused around my decision to veto one piece of legislation. If that one issue is what you personally base your vote on, then I suppose I've lost your vote. But I believe that being Governor is much more than just one's belief on a social issue, and I hope you all feel the same way.

There are many parts to serving as Governor - a deep understanding of our regional history, our Constitution, and our people is needed. It's also a good idea to have someone who knows when our elections are. Wink A commitment to fight for the interests of all Mideasterners is certainly needed, and someone is needed who can effectively maintain our region's Wiki. I have proved over the past four months than I can adequately fulfill all the tasks that come with being Governor. My opponent is a good person, and I have no doubt that he will continue to be an asset to our region in the coming months. But I firmly believe that the Mideast Region needs a Governor with the necessary experience to lead our region, and I believe I am the only candidate in the race that has that experience. I ask for your endorsement and your vote, and hopefully we can have four more months as successful as the last four. Smiley

Vote for the future. Vote for Tmthforu94.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #309 on: January 08, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2013, 10:32:17 PM by Space Biker for Governor »

Thank you all for the chance to speak here today. I am proud to be here in front of the members of your party. The Liberals have been my allies in the assembly throughout my term. Our parties have cooperated better in the Mideast than in any other region. Here, we sit in a formal coalition, through the Mideast People's Liberal Labor Caucus. I was very happy to serve with now-Senator Mr. X while he was a member of the assembly, and he and I agreed on almost every issue discussed there. I was sad to see him leave but at the same time I am glad he was elected Senator. I hope that I will be able to serve with Clinton1996 next term as well, whether that is as Governor or as a member of the assembly.

When I declared that I was running for Governor, I knew that I was a definite underdog. I'm sure you are all familiar with ZuWo's quote about even the Dalai Lama not being able to beat Tmth. At the time, it looked like the Governor's reelection was going to be uncontested, with no other candidate having declared. I can understand why this is; Tmth is a good, honest person who has made real, legitimate progress as Governor. I have been proud to work with him on a number of significant issues, including the transition to PR-STV and the (unfortunately unsuccessful) attempt to expand the assembly to seven members to account for increased activity in our region. I do not and have never questioned the Governor's character or integrity or that he is seriously committed to our region.

But at the same time, I believe it would be a deep disservice to this region to have this campaign be uncontested. While the Governor and I agree on many issues, we also have had our disagreements as well. We have had good, substantive debates in the assembly over many real issues (and no, not just abortion, as some have suggested Wink ), ranging from labor law reform to promoting fairness in education. And I fundamentally believe that Mideasterners deserve to have these issues debated in this campaign. That is why I am running; not out of opposition to Governor Tmthforu, not out of personal ambition, but to give The People a real choice to make on the issues that matter to us.

I have laid out my proposals for the region in my campaign platform, which I hope that you will all read. I know that some of you may disagree with some points on there, but I hope that you will find that on the whole my ideas will help improve our region. I firmly believe that these proposals are the best thing for The People of the Mideast, as well as consistent with the Liberal Party's center-left, progressive views.

I know that many of you may not support me, and some here have already expressed their endorsement of Governor Tmthforu for reelection. I do not fault any of you for that at all. But I do hope that I can earn your support in achieving our parties' shared goals. Together, the Liberal and Labor parties can win this election and bring real, progressive change to the Mideast!

Thank you,
-Drj101
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #310 on: January 08, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »

Thank you to both candidates.

Liberals, we will now vote on who will win our party's endorsement.  The voting period will last for forty-eight hours.

Mideast Gubernatorial Endorsement Ballot

[] Tmthforu94 (Federalist)
[] drj101 (Labor)
[] Abstain
[] No endorsement
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2013, 10:41:37 PM »

[X] Tmthforu94 (Federalist)
[] drj101 (Labor)
[] Abstain
[] No endorsement
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2013, 11:32:49 PM »

[2] Tmthforu94 (Federalist)
[1] drj101 (Labor)
[4] Abstain
[3] No endorsement

While I plan to vote to reelect Governor Tmthforu94, I also think our party should reward Assemblyman Drj101 for his willingness to stand up to the extremist anti-Liberal wing of the Labor Party.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2013, 11:37:19 PM »

1. Tmth
2. Drj101
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2013, 11:57:16 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #315 on: January 09, 2013, 02:20:42 AM »

• Tmthforu94 (Federalist)
[] drj101 (Labor)
[] Abstain
[] No endorsement
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2013, 02:49:14 AM »

1. Tmthforu94
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2013, 03:10:10 AM »

rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2013, 03:17:15 AM »

[1] Tmthforu94 (Federalist)
[2] drj101 (Labor)
[] Abstain
[] No endorsement
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #319 on: January 10, 2013, 09:17:07 PM »

Tmth is a good governor and our support will not be necessary to his reelection. Drj is a strong council member and activist, I would give him a chance as governor.

Tmthforu (3)
Drj101 (1)
Abstain ()
No endorsement (2)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2013, 03:19:11 PM by Governor Scott »

Thanks to everyone who voted!  Turnout hasn't been anywhere near this high in a while. Smiley

By a vote of 8-2, incumbent Tmthforu94 of the Mideast once again wins our endorsement in his gubernatorial bid.  Congratulations!
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »

I'd like to congratulate the Governor on his victory in this poll, as well as thank the people who voted for me. I hope to have the support of some Liberal party members in the race for Governor, and I hope that Liberals will give me a high preference in the race for Mideast assembly to keep our Mideast People's Liberal Labor supermajority. Thank you, and good luck to Clinton1996 in his Assembly campaign!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »

Do you guys do Assembly endorsements? If so I humbly ask for your party's endorsement.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2013, 03:47:40 PM »

I thank the Liberal Party for their endorsement, once again. Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2013, 10:08:13 PM by TexasDem »

Do you guys do Assembly endorsements? If so I humbly ask for your party's endorsement.

I would like to request an Assembly endorsement too. I consider myself a friend of the Liberal Party and in the Assembly, I've been a strong supporter of akin policies, including a non-reusable bag tax, education reform, PR-STV, and similar pieces of legislation. Smiley

I also had a good working relationship with Senator X before he left the Assembly, and still consider him a friend.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies