Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:21:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]  (Read 46208 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: August 19, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »

The last time Atlasia had two leftist parties and they didn't work together, it helped lead to Dallasfan and I snagging the Presidency.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 04:09:45 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 04:20:45 PM by Tmthforu94 »

It's a good sign if the Labor Party starts to emancipate itself from the Liberal Party and becomes more unique.
This isn't the way to go about it. This isn't "emancipating" and "becoming unique". This is fracturing the left, which of course you want, as it'll help the Whig candidates. Wink I really can't see how the two liberal parties splitting up is supposed to be beneficial to them.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »

It's a good sign if the Labor Party starts to emancipate itself from the Liberal Party and becomes more unique.
This isn't the way to go about it. This isn't "emancipating" and "becoming unique". This is fracturing the right, which of course you want, as it'll help the Whig candidates. Wink I really can't see how the two liberal parties splitting up is supposed to be beneficial to them.

No, I don't want to fracture the right (or the left for that matter).
I want diverse parties in Atlasia which represent diverse ideologies because this is what ultimately benefits the game. I always said I wouldn't mind to have a second party on the right next to the Whig Party but all attempts have failed so far. Likewise, since there are so many leftists in Atlasia it's more exciting for the game if we have diverse parties on the left (and this diversity is only possible if the parties can actually be distinguishable from each other).

Out of respect for the Liberal Party, this has been my last post in this thread.
Sorry, I meant left, not right.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »

I look forward to addressing my friends in the Liberal Party tomorrow! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »

Thank you for having me today,

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible...lol. I'm running for Governor of the Mideast because I've had a great experience playing Atlasia, and I'd like to give others that same experience. As Governor, my administration will have a big focus on "newbies". I'm not just going to recruit members to my party or parties similar to mine ideologically - I have a proven record of recruiting Atlasians of all political strikes. I will continue that as Governor by forming a bi-partisan commission to not only bring new members to our region, but to also help really integrate the game.

On to policy, one of the top priorities of my administration will be education reform - Currently teacher pay in our region is largely based on student performance. This law is an attack on rural, lower-income area's, and under my administration, I will do everything I can to protect the teacher's of our great region. Additionally, while a balanced budget would be ideal, it will not be absolutely essential right of the bat if I'm elected Governor. I hope to have a balanced budget at the end of my term, but we can't be cutting government to a point where our economy is taking an impact because of it. I am currently involved in an effort to repeal the death penalty on a national level, and am an advocate for animal rights. I will never discriminate against an animal because of their breed - bad owners create bad dogs. Additionally, I am supportive of the Equal Rights Amendment, something Governor ZuWo is openly opposed to.

No matter who wins this election, the Mideast will have an active, capable leader. Unlike my opponent, who has called me everything from erratic to a liar, I'm not going to let this campaign become about tearing each other down, rather, I want this campaign to be about bringing solutions to our region. I humbly ask for the Liberal Party endorsement - you have a tough choice to make, but with me, I think you'd be endorsing a fully capable, active person who is also much closer to your political ideology. As a citizen of Atlasia, I have given high preferences to members of all ideologies, something that is looked down by others in this game, unfortunately (And in RL, damn you Richard Mourdock!!! Tongue). With me, you will have a friend in the Governor's mansion - someone who will be very willing to work with your members to create a better region for us all.

I appreciate all of the good members of your party who have endorsed me thus far, such as Senator Scott and President Napoleon. I now hope I am honored with the endorsement of this party as a whole. Smiley

Thanks,
Isaac Smiley

If any folks out there would like to learn more about my campaign before voting, please visit the following link for my campaign platform. Smiley
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=96767.msg3408288#msg3408288
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 01:36:20 AM »

Hopefully the Federalists won't mind if someday one of us Liberals go into their thread and try diverting people from their party.
Oh, come on Scott. Sjyoce wasn't trying to divert your member. Your member simply had the wrong version of our platform, and he was supplying him with what is correct. I would expect you to do the same if the situation was reversed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 12:04:34 AM »

Stay tuned for a vote on the upcoming Mideast gubernatorial race very soon.
I would also love to have your party's endorsement, and will be happy to address you all when the time comes. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »

I am also not in favor of strategic registration because it ruins the game and, frankly, pisses everyone off.  I think recruiting people to the game without taking their region into account is the best and fairest way to help grow the party.
Well, that also depends on which ideology is doing it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 12:34:34 AM »

Good Evening,

Thank you for allowing me to speak at your headquarters.

Four years ago, I ran for Governor on a promise to bring a new era of bi-partisanship and success to our region. Today, looking back at my record, I believe I've accomplished both of those goals. Under my leadership, we have passed reforms to education, immigration, and unions. After years of discussing, we were finally able to pass the first Mideast budget (balanced, might I add), and we did so without cutting funds to entitlements or raising folks' taxes. I have been heavily involved in the debate of each bill or amendment we have voted on, and have authored many bills that are in our statue myself.

Activity in the Mideast Assembly and region as a whole has surged during the past four months - More legislation has passed under my term than ANY other term in the history of the Mideast! We have also never had as many candidates running for the Assembly as we will be having in these January elections. Our Wiki has also remained up-to-date during my administration, more updated than it has ever been!

Serving as Governor has been a unique and rewarding opportunity - we have many different personalities in our government, and it has been a thrill to see us all come together for the benefit of our region. When the people of the Mideast elected me last September, they elected me to promote bi-partisanship and compromise in the Assembly. And while some think that may not be necessary if one side has a supermajority, I still do. My opponent's campaign is almost entirely focused around my decision to veto one piece of legislation. If that one issue is what you personally base your vote on, then I suppose I've lost your vote. But I believe that being Governor is much more than just one's belief on a social issue, and I hope you all feel the same way.

There are many parts to serving as Governor - a deep understanding of our regional history, our Constitution, and our people is needed. It's also a good idea to have someone who knows when our elections are. Wink A commitment to fight for the interests of all Mideasterners is certainly needed, and someone is needed who can effectively maintain our region's Wiki. I have proved over the past four months than I can adequately fulfill all the tasks that come with being Governor. My opponent is a good person, and I have no doubt that he will continue to be an asset to our region in the coming months. But I firmly believe that the Mideast Region needs a Governor with the necessary experience to lead our region, and I believe I am the only candidate in the race that has that experience. I ask for your endorsement and your vote, and hopefully we can have four more months as successful as the last four. Smiley

Vote for the future. Vote for Tmthforu94.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 03:47:40 PM »

I thank the Liberal Party for their endorsement, once again. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 10:11:18 PM »

Hm.  Then it appears our collective endorsement is more informal than formal.  Oh, well.

This is something we should consider changing at the next convention.
It's informal anyways, since it doesn't appear on the ballot (though I may look to change that for March, we'll see).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies