2015 election scenarios for Canada: orange vs. blue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:44:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  2015 election scenarios for Canada: orange vs. blue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2015 election scenarios for Canada: orange vs. blue  (Read 3449 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: April 08, 2012, 07:46:40 AM »

I've pondered these questions frequently, as well. Incidentally, there are blank maps in the gallery - I'm sure you've seen them, but you might find them useful to shade to reflect potential targetted ridings. I don't know if I agree about Winnipeg Centre South, River Heights is the Torah belt in the city and aside from Mulcair, the NDP isn't as pro-Israel as the other parties. The Liberals could regain it, but they may struggle, unless there is no chance of them supporting an NDP minority government. I suspect this may be why the Conservatives won the Jewish vote in 2011. The same potentially could be the case in Mount Royal.

On the other hand, the suburban west riding in Winnipeg... I forget, Charleswood? Assinobia? Something like that (as in, something along those lines combined. There's a third one in there, too, St something, I think. Anyway, from memory, it is split by the river, and provincially, ridings on the north side are NDP, while provincial ridings on the south side are PC, so there could be room for growth there. I think a provincial PC members ran for the Liberals federally there.

I think you're right about the potential for the NDP in London North Centre - there's a poll map on here somewhere. I think it the result was mostly to do with vote splitting. Probably similar to Scarborough Centre. Dislodging the (Liberal) incumbent is half the battle... In some places, like Vaughan, this benefits the Conservatives, in other places, like Scarborough Centre or London North Centre, it could possibly help the NDP in the long run - so not the party that defeated the incumbent in the first place.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:03:44 PM »

Sorry, yes, you're right about Winnipeg SC. I was rushing a bit when I posted the other night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies