Kalwejt summarizes Canadian elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:08:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Kalwejt summarizes Canadian elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kalwejt summarizes Canadian elections  (Read 1287 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »

Since my British thread turned out to be an utter failure...

As Canada was entering 1957, everybody expected another Liberal victory, since Tories went into hiding in 1935 and their last Prime Minister, R. B. Bennett, escaped as far as England, where he was employed as a janitor in the House of Lords.

In fact, hardly anyone saw a living Tory in over two decades and even if they saw, they were considered extremely unsexy (R. B. Bennett suffered from phimosis: something Mackenzie King did not hesitate to make widely known).

Finally, one living Tory decided to leave his basement. His name was John. He was from the West and poor folks there couldn't afford last names. In order to appear less poor and provincial, he adopted name "DIAF and bake R", after he was told to go DIAF or, eventually, go away and bake some cookies (while "R" stands for Reginald, God knows why).

The election ended with an astonishing upset. Most of the Liberals, believing that all Tories died back in 1940s, did not bother to vote, thus John and other underworld residents, that followed him to the surface, suddenly dominated polls.

Prime Minister Louis St. Laurent concession speech was the shortest in Canadian history, although historians disagree about it precise context, yet, there is unanimous agreement about it's meaning.

Shortly upon becoming Prime Minister, John DIAF and Bake R decided that he deserved a vacation and dissolved the parliament.

Before that, a new Liberal leader, Lester B. Pearson, made a critical mistake in the Commons, by attempting to sit at the government benches, because he liked to observe sexy gals at gallery from this very good position.

"What the f**k are you doing?", DIAF and Bake R asked. "You're in a f**king minority".

"F**k that", Pearson replied. "I wanna sit here and I don't need damn election to do so. Move your ass".

Canadian people, outraged with Liberal attempted grab of the bench, as well as Pearson being too horny, gave DIAF and Bake R the largest mindf**k majority possible.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »

Why do you consider the Brit thread a failure? There are more interesting British elections than Canadians, so I wish you would go back to the Brit project.

In case you stick to this Canada thing, do you mind if I try to continue the British?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 01:35:43 PM »

I liked the UK thread.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »

Excellent. I was hoping someone would do one of these. Good stuff so far.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »

Why do you consider the Brit thread a failure? There are more interesting British elections than Canadians, so I wish you would go back to the Brit project.

In case you stick to this Canada thing, do you mind if I try to continue the British?

Well, I'll try to update British thing too.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »

Despite his mindf**king majority, Prime Minister DIAF and Bake R's government was plagued with problems.

Outside of an usual economic problems, some people were pissed off that he's not pro-American enough, while the other claimed he's just too pro-American.

In addition, U.S. President John Sexgod Kennedy, who was greatly bored with DIAF and Bake R telling him anecdotes about Churchill over a dinner, and thus keeping from important stuff, almost openly declared Lester Pearson is more sexy, which was a great recommendation for the Canadian people, since TV was no longer a rare thing anymore.

However, since DIAF and Bake R's majority was just too freaking large, Pearson was unable to defeat him... yet.

This time, JFK was too busy to repeat his recommendation about Pearson. So, while DIAF and Bake R lost, Pearson had to stick with a minority government.

Despite this, Pearson was extremely pleased he can finally sit at the government bench and wink to the gallery.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »

That's nice but it would be funnier with more silly ramblings. Things are going a bit too fast. Tongue
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 04:19:45 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2012, 04:21:59 PM by politicus »

BUMP

The British one was funnier, so please concentrate on that one, but if you should find the time, this was pretty good too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies