Politicians on the 'other side' that you respect (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:13:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Politicians on the 'other side' that you respect (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politicians on the 'other side' that you respect  (Read 2358 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: April 09, 2012, 08:44:58 AM »
« edited: April 09, 2012, 08:48:20 AM by Sharif Hashemite »

I can't have much respect for anybody who associates with Stephen Harper, but in terms of decent Tories I like Gerald Keddy, Leona Aglukkaq, James Moore (but he's a bit of a creep and I dislike him increasingly) and maybe Peter Penashue. The rest, imo, are either idiots, tools or useless party hacks.

The NDP has a lot of good people including Charlie Angus, Olivia Chow, Nathan Cullen, Paul Dewar, Linda Duncan, Yvon Godin, Jack Harris, Peter Julian or Megan Leslie. (and Ruth Ellen Brosseau and the hot chick MPs obviously)

In France, for the UMP, Pierre Méhaignerie, Laurent Hénart, Alain Juppé, NKM and Bruno Le Maire. In the PS, I like Jean-Yves Le Drian, Alain Rousset, Manuel Valls, Michel Rocard, Pierre Moscovici, Christophe Caresche, Aurélie Filippetti and maybe a few others moderate-ish pragmatists.

I can also respect crazies but crazies who stick to their values, no matter how unpopular. Jean Royer might actually qualify in this regards, because he probably believed hard in the crazy sh**t he preached, despite having been shown tits and harassed in the process. Rick Santorum doesn't qualify because he's just a bigot, and I can't respect bigots. I also like politicians who are honest and truly mean what they say, which is why I like Georges Marchais and people like Cohn-Bendit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies