Food Stamps Helped Reduce Poverty Rate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:17:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Food Stamps Helped Reduce Poverty Rate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Food Stamps Helped Reduce Poverty Rate  (Read 995 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 09, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »

As someone who proudly dislikes "big govt", handouts and what not, I fully support the the Food Stamp program.  As someone who has been to several WIC centers and done the voucher at the grocery store thing (they don't pay the freshly enlisted enough), I also fully support that program.  There is no reason anybody should starve, especially not in a western nation.  Even if they are lazy drug addicted bums.

I also think we should kick people off of it (and possibly jail) that abuse the system and be vigorous in looking for that abuse.  They should probably also limit the amount of "crap" food one can purchase with the cards, but not flat out remove them.  It's disturbing that Americans who are on Food Stamps are fatter than Americans not on Food Stamps.  Kind of like how people in Gaza are fatter than people in most other Middle Eastern countries, the population is booming, yet halfwits in the West claim they are being "slaughtered" and "starved".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies