The stupidest website anyone could POSSIBLY donate to
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:55:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The stupidest website anyone could POSSIBLY donate to
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The stupidest website anyone could POSSIBLY donate to  (Read 1998 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 10, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »
« edited: April 10, 2012, 10:58:36 AM by blood red X's for every 24 hours ive suffered through »

http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/

Wow. I mean seriously, what type of person would give a penny to this trash?

Wonder how long before Anonymous hits it with a DOS attack...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:49:44 PM »

People who value the importance of everyone receiving a good legal defense - the same types of people who become public defenders.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:08:40 PM »

People who value the importance of everyone receiving a good legal defense - the same types of people who become public defenders.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »

Well at least we know how to tell if one is an a**hole with a donation.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:34 PM »

http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/

Wow. I mean seriously, what type of person would give a penny to this trash?

Wonder how long before Anonymous hits it with a DOS attack...

A simple defacement, or perhaps a redirection to the KKK website is more likely.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »

"I killed a black kid, so now I need money to buy lawyers to say I didn't."
Rooney
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 07:06:05 PM »

My older brother was a public defender, he now works at an actual law firm. The life of a public defender is one I would not wish on anyone. One thing that a public defender does NOT do is offer a good legal defense. In fact, the idea of public defender = good legal defense is such a misnomer that it makes me giggle and cry at the same time.

People who become public defenders are either senseless do-gooders (maybe like the person who would donate to this site) or, usually, dudes who cannot get a good legal job out of law school (like my brother). The people who are defended by them are usually un-defendable and the public defender almost always is overloaded by hundreds of other losing cases to mount a good defense.

If you are going to law school and you are thinking that being a public defender is a good choice, I advise you to think again. Public defense is an practice in futility. 
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 07:17:44 PM »

The state should offer competitive salaries to make the public defender position more attractive.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »

Hm, well I'm a bit low on cash right now but I'll see what I can do.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 07:39:25 PM »

His lawyers have pulled counsel due to losing contact with him and the fact that he called the special prosecutors office to talk, stating that he had no representation.

I would guess he's taken any money he may have raised and run with it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 08:48:55 PM »

His lawyers have pulled counsel due to losing contact with him and the fact that he called the special prosecutors office to talk, stating that he had no representation.

Wow, could this story actually get even more embarrassing?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 09:21:12 PM »

The types of people who become public defenders are generally fresh out of a lower tier law school, granduating closer to the bottom of their class, who lack the connections to get a job elsewhere and lack the ambition to try to start their own firm. Almost nobody becomes a public defender when they have another option that actually pays what their degree is worth.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »

What IS this? WHAT IS THIS?

Come on, Zimmerman's a massive troll, even by murderer standards.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:56 PM »

Yeah, and apparently he contacted Sean Hannity too, wtf? This is pretty insane. I wonder if that adds any potential charges to him.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2012, 10:08:42 PM by I cannot imagine power as a thing negative and not positive. »

The types of people who become public defenders are generally fresh out of a lower tier law school, granduating closer to the bottom of their class, who lack the connections to get a job elsewhere and lack the ambition to try to start their own firm. Almost nobody becomes a public defender when they have another option that actually pays what their degree is worth.

While I was considering becoming a lawyer, I briefly interned for a family friend who's a public defender.  I found everyone at the public defender's office to be very competent and enthusiastic about their work, and for what it's worth said family friend graduated near the top of his class, is also a part-time professor at Boston College, and lives a reasonably comfortable life in an affluent suburb.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:42 PM »

While I was considering becoming a lawyer, I briefly interned for a family friend who's a public defender.  I found everyone at the public defender's office to be very competent and enthusiastic about their work, and for what it's worth said family friend graduated near the top of his class, is also a part-time professor at Boston College, and lives a reasonably comfortable life in an affluent suburb.

Sorry, I should have qualified my remarks Smiley Some states have indeed entered the modern era and started paying public defenders decent wages; in Massachusetts, the the average starting salary for a Public Defender is ~$70k per year, and it's fairly common for more senior public defenders to have a six figure salary. Similar numbers for public defenders in federal courts throughout the country too, FWIW. Though contrast this with Georgia, for example, where the starting salary in state courts is ~$35k and on the county level can be as low as $20k per year (for a full time job after seven years of post-secondary education, yes).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 01:15:55 AM »

Yeah, and apparently he contacted Sean Hannity too, wtf? This is pretty insane. I wonder if that adds any potential charges to him.

You can't make this kind of sh**t up.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 09:14:52 AM »

I just realized most donations on this are probably $1 ones attached with insults or swearing against him. But of course since those would eventually add up it's not a good idea to do so.

I wonder if this money is really for him jumping the border to Mexico?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 10:40:42 AM »
« Edited: April 11, 2012, 12:22:29 PM by Cory »

It's funny that none of you folks here can honestly say you have any idea what happened, but you feel free to just up and jump to conclusions about this Zimmerman character.

This is just the black community jumping to conclusions again (like the Duke lacrosse case). Calling everything and everyone "racist".
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »

It's funny that none of you folks here can honestly say you have any idea what happened, but you feel free to just up and jump to conclusions about this Zimmerman character.

This is just the black community jumping to conclusions again (like the Duke lacrosse case). Calling everything and everyone "racist".

Nobody admitted to shooting another, unarmed person in the chest in the Duke lacrosse case. Plenty of people have some idea what happened, some quite a bit of an idea.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 04:31:10 PM »

The way I look at it, we are trying to figure out whether it's murder or just manslaughter. He followed Trayvon Martin and escalated the situation. Now, whether or not Trayvon jumped him or not, we don't know. And then he could have shot him in self defense but he still would have put himself in that situation by following someone. We should know if it was self defense by finding out how far the gun was shot from. I don't know whether that determination has been made or not, but it's pretty clear the police has been incompetent regarding this case.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »

While I was considering becoming a lawyer, I briefly interned for a family friend who's a public defender.  I found everyone at the public defender's office to be very competent and enthusiastic about their work, and for what it's worth said family friend graduated near the top of his class, is also a part-time professor at Boston College, and lives a reasonably comfortable life in an affluent suburb.

^^^^ Yeah, I have a good friend (currently studying law) who would back this up.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 10:31:12 PM »

"I killed a black kid, so now I need money to buy lawyers to say I didn't."

He's not denying killing Martin...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »

He has the right to a defense.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »

Nobody admitted to shooting another, unarmed person in the chest in the Duke lacrosse case. Plenty of people have some idea what happened, some quite a bit of an idea.

No, but at Duke, someone claimed they were attacked.  We don't know if the claim here is honest or not.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies