The stupidest website anyone could POSSIBLY donate to (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:53:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The stupidest website anyone could POSSIBLY donate to (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The stupidest website anyone could POSSIBLY donate to  (Read 2040 times)
Rooney
United States

« on: April 10, 2012, 07:06:05 PM »

People who value the importance of everyone receiving a good legal defense - the same types of people who become public defenders.
My older brother was a public defender, he now works at an actual law firm. The life of a public defender is one I would not wish on anyone. One thing that a public defender does NOT do is offer a good legal defense. In fact, the idea of public defender = good legal defense is such a misnomer that it makes me giggle and cry at the same time.

People who become public defenders are either senseless do-gooders (maybe like the person who would donate to this site) or, usually, dudes who cannot get a good legal job out of law school (like my brother). The people who are defended by them are usually un-defendable and the public defender almost always is overloaded by hundreds of other losing cases to mount a good defense.

If you are going to law school and you are thinking that being a public defender is a good choice, I advise you to think again. Public defense is an practice in futility. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies