CO: PPP: Obama up double-digits (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:20:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CO: PPP: Obama up double-digits (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: PPP: Obama up double-digits  (Read 11729 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 11, 2012, 07:18:16 AM »

So what is Romney's path to 270? I don't see it.

Without CO, he gets to 272 with:

2008 + IN + NC + VA + OH + FL + (NV or IA).

Don't see NV flipping if CO has swung this much. Even Iowa's probably more viable, but that's not exactly likely either. For Romney to have a realistic chance, Obama needs to start losing in states where the last Democrat they didn't vote for was Mike Dukakis... and President Obama is just not a Michael Dukakis candidate.

Doesn't recent polling suggest that Michigan is probably a better prospect for Romney than Iowa?  Or even Pennsylvania. I've no idea how useful the polling is in that sense..

Seems to me that Romney can safely assume Indiana this time, will have to fight just a bit for North Carolina, and a bit more for Florida, but those two look reasonably positive for him, while Colorado and Nevada look beyond the pale.

New Hampshire is a very strong possibility, and while Ohio and Virginia look quite bad for him, both Pennsylvania and Michigan look closer than expected.

While this map is still his most likely threading of the needle:

I think this map is more likely than the one below it:

However of course this is my prediction and I stand by it:

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »

If I was a Liberal and wanted government to start new programs and 'do' a thousand more 'wonderful' things, I wouldn't be able to because the stupid public Unions are sucking up all the money.  If someone says "tax the rich" my head will explode.  You could CONFISCATE the wealth of the "Rich" and it wouldn't be enough!    

The point is to punish them for their crimes. I prefer the guillotine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies